• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JmanA9

JmanA9

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:30 PM

I just dialed *88 by accident on my VZW cell phone, and I got an answer after half a ring, "Communications Center, this is Brian." I can't find anything about this after a few Google searches. Does anyone know what the purpose of the "Communications Center" is, and, do you get it when you dial *88 on your VZW phone?

Edited by JmanA9, 20 November 2010 - 09:30 PM.

#2 SupaPhreak

SupaPhreak

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

I just dialed *88 by accident on my VZW cell phone, and I got an answer after half a ring, "Communications Center, this is Brian." I can't find anything about this after a few Google searches. Does anyone know what the purpose of the "Communications Center" is, and, do you get it when you dial *88 on your VZW phone?

Did you tell him to spin up birds 1 through 4 and 20 through 25 for strategic missile launch?

#3 n00blet

n00blet

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

ill charge up my old vzw razr and see if it works

#4 binjinx

binjinx

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

I remember scanning the feature carrier codes a while back (always looking for test number or something :biggrin: ) but I think the *88 lets you report tower outages and shit like that just ask him whats the # used for he'll tell you (how you suppose to report a tower outage if your tower is out?)

#5 Jesus Phreak

Jesus Phreak

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

I remember scanning the feature carrier codes a while back (always looking for test number or something :biggrin: ) but I think the *88 lets you report tower outages and shit like that just ask him whats the # used for he'll tell you (how you suppose to report a tower outage if your tower is out?)

That is so weird! I just tried on Alltel here in Midland, Texas, and I just get a triple reorder tone, then a hangup on the other side. I will definitely try that out if I get to a Verizon store sometime this weekend.

#6 resistor X

resistor X

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

I got nothing using my VZW.

#7 JmanA9

JmanA9

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

I think this might be something that's specific to Verizon. The code might not work in former Alltel areas.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!