Photo
- - - - -

Guess how much spam one Russian police raid can stop.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheFunk

TheFunk

SUP3R 31337

• Binrev Financier
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

That's right, according to a few big names like Cisco and Kaspersky Labs, about 20% of the worlds spam, rolled over and died last month thanks to... Russia?

Interesting article in the NY Times explaining why, here. :)

#2 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

I think a lot of people must secretly purchase random stuff from their inbox (or junk mail folder). Everybody claims to hate it, but it seems to be a thriving business. That has always struck me as being rather odd.

I also wonder what the makers of vviavqra ciiallisa think of spam messages. I mean it's cheaper advertising than sponsoring race car drivers.

#3 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

I think a lot of people must secretly purchase random stuff from their inbox (or junk mail folder). Everybody claims to hate it, but it seems to be a thriving business. That has always struck me as being rather odd.

I also wonder what the makers of vviavqra ciiallisa think of spam messages. I mean it's cheaper advertising than sponsoring race car drivers.

spam is still a business because

1: there are new people coming onto the internet everyday that have not been exposed to spam yet, and are the most likely candidates for buying something from a spam link

2: having spam provides a lucrative business for companies who provide spam filters...

#4 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:10 AM

1: there are new people coming onto the internet everyday that have not been exposed to spam yet, and are the most likely candidates for buying something from a spam link

Man, that's quite an influx of horny old men that can't get it up. lol

#5 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

Man, that's quite an influx of horny old men that can't get it up. lol

lol oh THOSE spam messages... well those ones play on some men's insecurities... and with there being over a billion Chinese people in the world, and the common stereotype about Asian men - it appears that the market for insecure men would be quite a large market..

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!