• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

Hello. I have a blog (website) regarding phones in my local area. I was was wondering if anyone else has something similar. I would be very interested to see what other members websites are. If you have a personal phone website or blog, would you please post a link to it in this thread. I am actually quite interested in reading what other osp forum people are doing. Thanks.

http://tim.omghax.ca/

#2 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

I don't have a blog, but come to think of it, something like that wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll find a lot of stuff that's mildly interesting, and then immediately forget about it.

Take the Iridium satphone service for example -  8816-311-10006

The call doesn't supe, but if you don't want to worry about shady carrier arrangements charging you $13/min, it's a free call from the 2-stage dialing service; 480-768-2500

#3 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

nyphonejacks.com

i spend lots of time answering questions on yahoo answers, and got tired of posting the same answers over and over, so i created a blog that i can link back to... and for some reason, people tend to give best answers to people who provide a reference link...

#4 JmanA9

JmanA9

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:03 PM

Hello. I have a blog (website) regarding phones in my local area. I was was wondering if anyone else has something similar. I would be very interested to see what other members websites are. If you have a personal phone website or blog, would you please post a link to it in this thread. I am actually quite interested in reading what other osp forum people are doing. Thanks.

Hey, long time, no see. Your link isn't working right now.

Starting a blog would be a good idea. A lot of stuff that I do probably doesn't deserve a post here. I'll see what I can come up with this weekend.

#5 Andrew

Andrew

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hey, long time, no see. Your link isn't working right now.

Starting a blog would be a good idea. A lot of stuff that I do probably doesn't deserve a post here. I'll see what I can come up with this weekend.

Should be working now, my server had -2.7MB of free space left heh

#6 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

I'm not all that familiar with your network, but I had a bit of a theory about the post you made from Kamloops.

When calling 709-310 and 902-310 from AT&T, I get a recording from SCM-5, and SCV-5 calling any 310 code in British Columbia. SCM-5 was bilingual, so my first thought is that it might be coming from Quebec. Depending on how far these switches date back, could SC stand for Stentor Communications? The last letter could very well stand for a city code. V for Vancouver maybe, and M for Montreal?

Also, is 310 just sorta routed over whatever long distance network is convenient, or is it like toll-free where there's a specific carrier that's assigned to a number?

#7 Andrew

Andrew

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

Also, is 310 just sorta routed over whatever long distance network is convenient, or is it like toll-free where there's a specific carrier that's assigned to a number?

http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php/topic/22869-310-exchanges/

I believe 310 exchanges are routed through your chosen long distance provider but can never be dialed long distance. It is as described in that old post, just a geographical number routing with the local CLEC(s). For example Greco pizza in Atlantic Canada and Quebec own 310-3030 which if you dial locally will route you to you closest Greco pizza location (if there are none around the call will not complete.) In Telus CLEC terretory they own a couple 310 numbers to route you to their call centers without the need of going through the long distance network (toll free numbers), ease them in marketing, and routing your call to the appropriate AB or BC rep (http://about.telus.c...onenumbers.html)

#8 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

Andrew my main man! Good to hear from you again! :D

TP, what state are you in again?

Edited by unity, 25 October 2010 - 02:28 PM.

#9 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:46 PM

The big foresty one in the Northwest.

I'm glad someone figured out what the 203 exchange was, I thought it was some super elite test exchange or something when I first heard it in person. Believe it or not, there is *A* working number in there. 203-9998. It only works from the deeper Southern states, though, and it just rings out. 9999 is pretty much a milliwatt across the board, and they've got this really strange sounding AIS that pretty much handles every other number. It has a really interesting trunking arrangement - flash events and whatnot will pass over to it like on an operator service trunk, and it can even hold you up.

So I know you totally didn't ask, I couldn't resist :) . 203 is awesometastic.

#10 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:38 AM

Oh? Maybe I'll check it out. I don't have the international long distance plan I used to anymore, though. Still, I'll check it out. So what is the *point* of the 203 exchange? Is 203 area specific or is it everywhere in the us?

#11 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

I can't say I have any idea what the point of it was, but you can only call a 203 number from a Bellsouth switch. If you want, I'll upload some recordings of it sometime.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!