Photo
- - - - -

R1 & C5

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dialtone

Dialtone

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:40 AM

Just out of interest, how would you know if you found a number that terminates on a C5 or R1? I know there are C5's and R1's still out there in places.

I know it's pretty much useless these days trying to box them as from my country they will mute the mouth piece to stop tones being sent untill the call is complete... I get free calls from my mobile call plan, so no need to mess around with things that could land you in trouble anyways!

:D

#2 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

I know it's pretty much useless these days trying to box them as from my country they will mute the mouth piece to stop tones being sent untill the call is complete.

Not necessarily. It depends on the network, and how it's configured. Muting forward audio is usually a software configureable option, so you may have better luck with a reseller or an alternate carrier access code. Since BT looks like they're using MCI to terminate to the US, they could very well be passing audio before supervision to the states. Try placing a call to this number from a BT line;

216-822-9700 - This was the number of an AT&T rep I was talking to. Try calling it. AT&T trying to sound like they aren't evil is a little funny, but since the number doesn't supe, it's nice for testing whether or not your long distance carrier passes audio before supervision.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:04 PM

Not necessarily. It depends on the network, and how it's configured. Muting forward audio is usually a software configureable option, so you may have better luck with a reseller or an alternate carrier access code. Since BT looks like they're using MCI to terminate to the US, they could very well be passing audio before supervision to the states. Try placing a call to this number from a BT line;

216-822-9700 - This was the number of an AT&T rep I was talking to. Try calling it. AT&T trying to sound like they aren't evil is a little funny, but since the number doesn't supe, it's nice for testing whether or not your long distance carrier passes audio before supervision.

Wow, I just went through 4 different IVRs before being put on hold for high call volumes and it seems that my VoIP provider passes audio before supervision :)

#4 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:05 PM

http://thoughtphreak...llynotshady.wav

Since the miracle of C5 seems to be in short supply, here's a recording of what siezing sounds like. Since we can't have abuse, I made some changes to the greeting. Anybody who's called something from this company will recognize who it is right away.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!