Photo
- - - - -

Anyone have unlock codes for older cell phones ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 resistor X

resistor X

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:30 AM

It's for an older phone, the Sanyo Katana II.

I unfortunately dumped my unlock code out for this phone and now I wished I hadn't done that. I've looked all over my house but can't find it so I dumped it alright. Damnit. :confused:

Does anyone have an unlock code for this phone, a list of codes with the unlock code I need on it, or even a free place where I can find it? If so let me know please.

I Googled for it till I'm blue in the face and can't find anything. And most unlock codes are the paid for kind, although being an older cell it's hard to say if they'd have one anyway.

The reason I'm looking to unlock this phone is because Verizon has sold me a cheap Blackberry (yeah, there IS such a thing!) and it's probably going back for a refund/exchange. Trouble is in the meantime I'll be phoneless unless I can unlock this Sanyo I have (it's in a box with other saved phones and equipment should I need it for something).

Exchanging my cheap Blackberry is easier said than done since I thoroughly shopped around and it was the 'best' I could find.... hahaha, ironic since it sucks as it turns out. I think the issue is Verizon is beginning to piss me off with their selection of phones for what I'm willing to pay. Anyway, excuse the rant but now you see why I'm in need of an unlock code so I can have a cell while the other is sent back and I begin a new longgg search for a replacement phone.

Thanks for any help offered.

#2 johnnymanson

johnnymanson

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:11 AM

Just activate the phone on the Verizon web site.

http://answers.yahoo...17175709AAJCP54

#3 resistor X

resistor X

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

Just activate the phone on the Verizon web site.

http://answers.yahoo...17175709AAJCP54

Thanx for the info, but...........

I read that Yahoo link. It's dated 2 years ago and something's changed since then. The activation page now asks for an order # to be entered and it is not optional. I thought this one through as to whether a hack of some sort could fool it, however I came up with nothing as of yet.

#4 johnnymanson

johnnymanson

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:13 PM

Sorry for giving you the bad info. It used to work that way, but its been a couple of years since I had to reactivate one. You might try looking on Howardforums for info.

#5 n00blet

n00blet

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:19 PM

you could activate it on page plus just pm me the stuff and ill activate it 4 free it come with 2 buck credit on it too

#6 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

Once the phone is activated on whatever provider it was branded to you can request an unlock code. I've done this on every phone I own. Sometimes you'll get a CSR that wants to give you a hard time, just tell them your going over seas and need to use given handset on the flipside of the pond.

n00blet - Nice to see another phreak from OH-IO! fearz

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!