• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 resistor X

resistor X

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:16 AM

For those familiar with TOR's onion routing, this notion is much the same thing in respect to the concept of 'relaying through nodes'.

Here's how it works :

Lets say you have 2 GV phone numbers and these are :

1. 720-000-0000
2. 678-000-0001

Let's say you want to call the White House comment line - 202-456-6213. Start by calling your GV # above, #1 (720-000-0000). Once it answers, enter your PIN to access your GV account. Once you're in, hit 2 to make a call but don't call the White House yet, instead call your next GV number on the list above, #2, which in this example is 678-000-0001. Go in like before and access this GV account. Once you've entered your PIN to access this last GV account, go ahead and dial the White House from there.

When you finally call the party you're trying to reach, CID will show you called from 678-000-0001.

In the above example, we're using only 2 GV #'s - you can use more than 2 however.

When using this method, you'd need to choose GV #'s that are located in different locations, far apart, like this (now I'll use 5 GV #'s as an example) :

1. 201-983-1241
2. 832-201-6622
3. 701-398-0021
4. 464-442-9036
5. 212-990-4296

This is similar in concept to TOR's function of 'relaying though nodes" except here you'd be 'relaying your call(s) through other phone numbers which are located in different parts of the country'.

The usefulness of this is the same as the reason why TOR 'relays through various nodes' before reaching your destination, because it would be much much more difficult for someone, even law enforcement, to determine where the call(s) actually came from (assuming they'd think to check to see if such an idea were used which they wouldn't because they've never heard of this used when making calls - refer to my testing below about this issue). One major reason for this being useful is by the time they get a warrant for one GV number and realize they've reached a dead end and then get a warrant for the next number and also reach a dead end etc., you'd stop calling by then (because all of that will take a longgg time to complete) and not use the GV #'s anymore, close the accounts, and then how will it end - DEAD END CITY? That's if someone's planning on doing something illegal using this method of placing calls - that's where the 'dumping the GV #'s comes in" (for safety reasons).

Regarding law enforcement attempting to determine origination of calls :

In the past, I put this to a big test. I repeatedly called someone - several times a day for weeks and weeks while using the idea above - I had 'relayed' my calls through 5 phone numbers, each located in different parts of the country. It got to the point law enforcement was called to find out who was calling - it failed because of this method and the called party was pissed as hell, needless to say, because they couldn't find me and I kept calling (for a short while anyway, then got bored and quit). I did this using prepaid calling cards.

Another few times, I ran tests to see what would happen if a person were to 'relay' calling through a lot of other phone numbers - I believe I tried as many as 24. Trying it with 24 didn't work very well, because it caused 2 problems - the problems were :

1. By the time the called party answered, I couldn't hear them at all. The volume was lost due to routing through so many locations. In fact, the only way I knew the party had disconnected was when my phone line disconnected after much delay and I got the recording "If you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again".
2. The other problem is similar to the issue with TOR (and other programs like it, and anonymous surfing period). Think of what happens frequently while using TOR - you enter the URL to surf to and it takes a long time for the page to pull up, it has a "delay" in reaching it's destination so to speak. The same holds true with this method, meaning if you were to 'relay your call' through too many phone numbers it too produces a 'delay' in reaching your destination (that being, reaching the called party).

What I'd found out through testing is not to 'relay' through too many phone numbers to avoid these 'effects'. Take for example tonight's testing - I relayed through 2 GV #'s and all was ok except for GV being a couple times a bit glitchy (which I've had when not using this method). As part of this testing, I tried relaying the call through 3 GV #'s and I noticed one 'effect' which didn't happen when relaying through only 2 - the effect was that when trying to call ANAC's on my list, I kept getting this GV recording "Hmmm... that's not a valid number". Placing calls to other numbers went through ok however. Why this would occur, I do not know.

I could only test with 3 GV #'s at the moment since that's all I have right now.

Since GV killed ANIFAIL, I'll be using this method. It may not allow for a non-existent number to show up on CID like ANIFAIL did, however IMO it's just as good but functions in a different way is all.

Edit : I forgot to add this important part :

With each GV you plan to use, be sure to do the following in each GV account :

1. disable call screen.
2. disable call forwarding.

If these aren't done, you won't be able to access your GV account, plus when you call the GV #'s, you don't want it ringing any of your phones <_< .

Edited by resistor X, 23 August 2010 - 12:29 AM.

#2 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

not sure what the point is..
using GV.. all the numbers are "owned" by the same company - so i am pretty sure that if the feds needed to, they could get google to trace back the call from account to account while they went to the judge for the warrant...

i was thinking of some way to make anonymous calls thru google voice, but my idea involved public or shared google voice accounts...

#3 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:02 AM

using GV.. all the numbers are "owned" by the same company - so i am pretty sure that if the feds needed to, they could get google to trace back the call from account to account while they went to the judge for the warrant...

i was thinking of some way to make anonymous calls thru google voice, but my idea involved public or shared google voice accounts...

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a "GV" number? edit: realized it ment 'google voice' durrr

Also, just to confirm what you are saying, The CID will not be passed along to the target, and neither will the ANI?

Edited by Afterm4th, 23 August 2010 - 09:03 AM.

#4 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a "GV" number? edit: realized it ment 'google voice' durrr

Also, just to confirm what you are saying, The CID will not be passed along to the target, and neither will the ANI?

was that for me or the OP?

with the OP method it will pass the CID and ANI of the last GV number that you called thru...

the method to fail ANI with a GV number has been working for me for at least the last 2 or 3 weeks so i see no point in this, unless they stop allowing you to do ANI fails again..

#5 resistor X

resistor X

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

"While they went to a judge for the warrant"? Unless the Patriot Act is used, they need the warrant first to do anything. Unless someone were doing something of a terrorism nature, the Patriot Act wouldn't apply.

was that for me or the OP?

with the OP method it will pass the CID and ANI of the last GV number that you called thru...

the method to fail ANI with a GV number has been working for me for at least the last 2 or 3 weeks so i see no point in this, unless they stop allowing you to do ANI fails again..

The method to ANIFAIL has been working for you? I tried a few times right before I started this topic last night and it didn't work for me.

When was the last time you used it successfully?

#6 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

"While they went to a judge for the warrant"? Unless the Patriot Act is used, they need the warrant first to do anything. Unless someone were doing something of a terrorism nature, the Patriot Act wouldn't apply.

would be nice if the real world worked that way... but it could easily be assumed that whoever dialed into the google voice number that made the call would be the "account holder" so with a warrant they should easily be able to trace the number from google account to google account... what you really need to throw a wrench into things is route the call out of the country, then back so they really end up with a dead end...

The method to ANI FAIL has been working for you? I tried a few times right before I started this topic last night and it didn't work for me.

When was the last time you used it successfully?

i just checked before making the post...

Edited by nyphonejacks, 23 August 2010 - 10:05 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!