• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lord 0xf

Lord 0xf

H4x0r

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

This only applies to a handful of you here (some of you may have no idea what I'm talking about), but I thought I'd post this here. The reason I decided to post this here on BinRev is because I know a lot of the people this applies to are still here. If it means something to you then great. If not please go ahead and click the back button in your web browser.

I owe some of you an apology. Out of my pursuit for knowledge, I've started several communities, websites, IRC channels, and more over the past five or six years. One of my goals as a hacker has always been to unify fellow hackers and share knowledge. My goal has always been real. I hope some of you can truly see that.

One of these communities was NetXS and it's associated, private board xsBB. As some of you know, xsBB was up for... say... 3 or 4 months. Over its short life span it somehow managed to grew into a haven for phreaker and hacker knowledge for our era. A lot of really, really cool shit was posted on that board.

However, I was reckless with it. I know a lot of you are really pissed off that I took the board down without any warning... And that I left NetXS without any warning... and I disappeared without any warning.

Damn, I'm one flakey motherfucker.

I'm not really sure why I'm this way sometimes. Real life stuff comes up and I'm quick to shift between my online life as a hacker and my offline life. I have a lot of stuff going on in my offline life that most of you don't know about. I'm not your typical hacker. I'm also a breakdancer, a lover of hip-hop culture, a boyfriend, a college student, a pretty sociable person, and now an IT manager.

Hacking has always been a real part of my life. I still consider myself a hacker in the soul. However, it isn't all there is to my life. So I really struggled to keep everything balanced.

Still, it wasn't right for me to a) destroy all of the knowledge on that board, B) abandon a lot of people who looked up to me, c) leave good friends I made here in this very community, and d) pretty much ignore a lot of you and act like a total jackass.

So for all of that, I'm sorry. I feel pretty awful. I hope at least some of you can forgive me and see past my actions and see my intentions with a lot of this.

Why am I bringing this up now after all of this time? Well, I decided to check my e-mail account for lord 0xf and I found a few really angry messages from some people about my irresponsible actions. Many were upset. It hadn't occurred to me just how important the XS community was for many of you.

So again, I'm sorry.

I promise that in the future If I am going to get involved in a project, I'm going to make sure I have enough time to really commit to it.

Best,

Lord 0xf

Edited by Lord 0xf, 24 July 2010 - 10:44 AM.

#2 lattera

lattera

Underground Shizzleness

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

Life is about the enjoyment of fixing mistakes we've made. Looks like you've made a couple mistakes and are looking to move forward. Welcome back to BinRev, dude. We're happy to have you here.

#3 Rpm

Rpm

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

Lord 0xf: first of all let me say that in my opinion,you do not owe any one an explanation or an apology. dude-we do what we can and if other people wanna give you shit about it then fuck em. For real.your private board (even if it was short lived) was the shiznit. and then some.man-I still have a couple articles/posts or whatever saved on an old sata hard drive because they are so unique,informative,leet as hell fuck,etc.

ya know-some people don't realize that most of us have a real life that comes first.

I wish that I could spend every waking hour doing the things I like to do but that's not reality. I repeat-we do what we can.Don't beat yourself up over it bro.Life happens.

The on the spot talk you did on confcon last night was the shit-did any one that sent you an angry e-mail contribute? maybe but I seriously doubt it. also-if/when you plan on starting a new project,hit me up.I am very very busy all the time myself but I would feel honored if I could help in some way with any of your ideas.And I'd bet 1,000 bucks that my homie ic0n would do the same in his spare time.

So - thank you for all you have contributed to the scene and I hope to see you around/talk at ya sometime soon-peace-Rpm

#4 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

Don't sweat it too much, man. It's important to keep h/p alive and well, but more then that, it's important to have a life.

Anyway, it's good to hear from you again, a lot of the stuff you found was always unique and fascinating.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!