• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 frogbong

frogbong

mad 1337

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:35 AM

Tell me what you think when you see this. I'm curious how everyone feels about this. I'm not a hardcore conspiracy theorist or anything, however I do consider a certain measure of plausibility.

The Orion Conspiracy

#2 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

Tell me what you think when you see this. I'm curious how everyone feels about this. I'm not a hardcore conspiracy theorist or anything, however I do consider a certain measure of plausibility.

The Orion Conspiracy

That film is a work of fiction. Based on some facts, I suppose.

I mean, "UFO's" (for lack of a better term) are obviously real - that's beyond question at this point - but to tie that small piece of reality into this huge ball of fantasy is why there are so many people who still think that UFO's don't "exist."

disclaimer: "UFO's" are real, but I'm not sure if they are "flying" or "objects," which is ok because i like the "unidentified" part better.

#3 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

The Orion Conspiracy

That film is a work of fiction. Based on some facts, I suppose.

I mean, "UFO's" (for lack of a better term) are obviously real - that's beyond question at this point - but to tie that small piece of reality into this huge ball of fantasy is why there are so many people who still think that UFO's don't "exist."

disclaimer: "UFO's" are real, but I'm not sure if they are "flying" or "objects," which is ok because i like the "unidentified" part better.

UFOs are only UFOs until they are, or can be identified... it does not mean that they are extra terrestrial in nature.. for some reason fire fox is telling me that i can not access the content on that link, something about a plug issue...

#4 frogbong

frogbong

mad 1337

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

Sounds like you need to install flash. Aside from UFO's, what about the enormous skeletons? The idea that giants came from a fairy tail story like 'Jack and the Bean Stock' is a load of s**t.

#5 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:59 AM

Sounds like you need to install flash.

nope.. this is my HTPC... and if i did not have flash installed i would be pretty limited in what i could view.. i do have the latest version of flash installed..

what is happening is "some plug ins for this page have been blocked for your protection"

it is nice how my browser chooses what to block - yet does not tell me what is blocked, or how to unblock it if i choose to do so...

ok... i just opened the link in IE my least favorite browser.. no wonder it doesnt work it uses quick time.. why would anyone want to use quick time that format sucks..

#6 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:09 AM

Aside from UFO's, what about the enormous skeletons? The idea that giants came from a fairy tail story like 'Jack and the Bean Stock' is a load of s**t.

The "giant" skeletons are 99% bullshit. There have been some very interesting actual archaeological discoveries of skeletons which are up to (and over) nine feet tall, but nothing like what the internet hoaxes are suggesting.

These hoaxes (or misconceptions, insofar as someone hears about giants, and imagines something 50 feet tall) are partly fueled by the reluctance of "mainstream archaeology" (which is a mix of pseudoarchaeology, government control, and money) to study these anomalies. When any branch of science ignores anomalies, it's a science literally "full of holes."

Furthermore, I have a pretty extensive library of "Fortean" (for lack of a better term) literature dating back to the 1870's, and I have never read or seen referenced anything about skeletons much taller than 9 or 10 feet, and even some of those were probably exaggerations. If this weren't just an internet hoax, there would at least be a reference somewhere.

Even the book, Forbidden Archaeology - in which the author (a Krishna, incidentally) claims to show evidence of modern humans living on Earth for hundreds of million of years - the tallest skeletons mentioned are around 10 feet. And that book is over 900 pages long.

For me to even consider these 20 (and sometimes 80!) foot tall skeletons, I'm going to need to see some sort of evidence. Something as simple as a newspaper item would enable me to at least think about it. The photos that I've seen on the internet - none of which even have a story attached - are transparent fakes.

UFOs are only UFOs until they are, or can be identified... it does not mean that they are extra terrestrial in nature.

The ET hypothesis is boring anyway. I'm pretty sure it was the US Air Force who cemented that theory in the public consciousness; and they were mostly influenced by sci-fi pulp writers. I like John Keel's "ultraterrestrials" much better, but he wasn't really referring to UFO's as much he was attempting to link their supposed occupants with various other folklore of meetings with strangers, or non-humans.

It's a convoluted mystery, to say the least.

Edited by decoder, 28 May 2010 - 08:20 AM.

#7 frogbong

frogbong

mad 1337

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:06 AM

Personally, I believe there is an indefinite existence of terrestrial-animals in another star system. If one planet in our solar-system can support life so can another, somewhere else in the universe. General science suggests that the majority of the universe is made of helium and hydrogen, calling most of the rest of the elements 'rare'. Is life a rarity in the universe? It would be a bummer if that was the truth.

Edited by frogbong, 02 June 2010 - 12:07 AM.

#8 vulture

vulture

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

Personally, I believe there is an indefinite existence of terrestrial-animals in another star system. If one planet in our solar-system can support life so can another, somewhere else in the universe. General science suggests that the majority of the universe is made of helium and hydrogen, calling most of the rest of the elements 'rare'. Is life a rarity in the universe? It would be a bummer if that was the truth.

Actually the math stacks up in favor of alien life with odds alone . Advanced life however is a bit harder to find but the fact that we exist is proof enough that the probability of other life out there
like us exist.
Stephen Hawkings even says it will probably be a bad day when they finally find us .

#9 frogbong

frogbong

mad 1337

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:35 AM

Stephen Hawkings even says it will probably be a bad day when they finally find us .

I agree with Hawkings as it would be very lucrative(from an intergalactic perspective) to hoard every inhabitable planet for it's resources and any worth of useful knowledge uncovered along the way, for the accumulation of power and authority over galactic regions. Theoretically, if extraterrestrials arrive on Earth then definitively they are more advanced than us and implicitly much more intelligent. If their intentions are ill, Earth and it's people will be subverted/submitted and destroyed or as an entire race enslaved. Resulting from a serious lack of knowledge and the display of ignorance and arrogance, some still truly believe that we are the only ones. This will be our downfall if what Hawkings said plays true to the whole concept. On the contrary, the intentions of extra-terrestrials could be to promote peace among intergalactic races, to collaborate and promote prosperity of various forms(economic, spiritual, scientific, technological; medicinal). On Earth, our knowledge and what we can learn is very limited. Limited to a plane of relativity where we build off of the ideas of others. What was the first idea? Where did the first ideas come from? It Makes me think about how many lifetimes worth of work are taken for granted, as well how much useful knowledge has been put to rest or forgotten in opt for newly created ideas which are in the form of ideas from the past, and as time goes on the meaning of ideas become diluted/manipulated yet still claimed as definitive truths. Having said this, believing that we are alone in the universe deems you a pessimist and you now knowingly assume all responsibility for the destruction of Earth, and will be effectively stoned to death before total enslavement of our race. Congratulations. The rest is theory and beyond that there are many, many more truths to be uncovered.

#10 jeremy_

jeremy_

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

It's kinda like The Da Vinci Code, or National Treasure... taking real places and events to make a work of fiction.
HAARP does have the power to manipulate weather, search for underground oil/gas/bases/submarines, and a very slight form of mind control, which affects people's mood. http://tehhaxtv.com/...y-theory-haarp/

#11 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 935 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

if space is "infinite" then there is life more life than could be comprehended by all mankind in a eon. + we havent even looked for life, there could be life on pluto and we wouldnt know till we went there. i mean if u were to live in the north pole in a house made out of ice/snow, taking a 30megapixel picture from hundreds of thousands of miles away would not be able to see your house, if there were millions houses made out of snow in a city the size of newyork on antartica you wouldnt be able to see if from that distance. we dont know shiz, there could be people on mars, intuill you see it all you wont know, i mean we have the technology to live on mars just no one wants to pay the bills to do it.

#12 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:37 PM

if space is "infinite" then there is life more life than could be comprehended by all mankind in a eon. + we havent even looked for life, there could be life on pluto and we wouldnt know till we went there. i mean if u were to live in the north pole in a house made out of ice/snow, taking a 30megapixel picture from hundreds of thousands of miles away would not be able to see your house, if there were millions houses made out of snow in a city the size of newyork on antartica you wouldnt be able to see if from that distance. we dont know shiz, there could be people on mars, intuill you see it all you wont know, i mean we have the technology to live on mars just no one wants to pay the bills to do it.

Eyeballing is not the sole scientific method for detecting life.

Also, not all infinities are equal.

Edit: concerning what I said about those "giants" a few posts up, I forgot to mention misidentification of other animal bones. That's happened a few times.

Edited by decoder, 16 June 2010 - 07:42 PM.

#13 frogbong

frogbong

mad 1337

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

Eyeballing is not the sole scientific method for detecting life.

Also, not all infinities are equal.

Edit: concerning what I said about those "giants" a few posts up, I forgot to mention misidentification of other animal bones. That's happened a few times.

Yea, you're definitely being more than rational when it comes to the theory of the 'giants'. My pops lives out in the country where I find bones all of the time, but nothing unusual; mostly cow bones. All I have to say is that if these giants were real and existed today, they would come off as quite hostile and as a result we would probably have to produce fatal blows to the giants for fear of natural selection taking it's course. But hey, it's better than being beaten to def and cooked over an open flame like we would cook a rabbit for supper. Perhaps under the right circumstances, you would lucky to experience death by SnooSnoo. However, if we did co-exist then there is a potential opportunity that we could break the boundary of our differences, which produce so much conflict and argument among the social classes.

It is important to remember that most people in general are shallow individuals; they are mostly thinking of themselves. Hence, one of the things I praise as a character trait is altruism. The problem is that this trait is becoming a rarity along with the art of chivalry and a general respect for one another. The majority of newer generations don't value life or intelligence or wisdom so the feelings of others simply don't mean anything anymore. In some cases, this is absolutely true.

Where has the consideration and concern gone? There's not much you can do, because if you try to preach; who the f**k would you reach(just like this post, eh)? From the perspective of a realist(a joke considering the amount of thc in my bloodstream) there are certain things that are more important. For example if you were walking down the street and you saw somebody getting mugged/robbed, what would you do? You would probably keep walking and try to avoid confrontation, as there is an inherent value of self worth that conflicts with any decision you might make here but it's actually quite simple. You merely don't give a shit. As a mortal, you are trying to preserve yourself and play it safe but apparently you are a coward.

So where is the middle path in relation to the big picture? If you have what it takes, then you know inside that you can make a change and are confident in doing so. Be the one that helps a fellow person; don't be afraid to make a difference but try not to get yourself into something that is detrimental to your health i.e. a gunfight. Use rationale, but maintain your values. If your values are weak or your intentions are ill, you will be found out eventually.

Edited by frogbong, 18 June 2010 - 04:51 PM.

#14 Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

What good reason is there to believe that anything in this movie has anything to do with reality?

#15 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:47 PM

What good reason is there to believe that anything in this movie has anything to do with reality?

What good reason is there to believe that the human nervous system can accurately perceive reality? :thumbsup:

-or-

Beats me, that movie isn't even a "hoax", it's just a movie. But I decided to go look up this Seb Janiak person, and he's a pretty accomplished photographer. Some of the photos in the thing do look pretty cool. The best part is that while I was Googling, I came across a site which said of the movie, "Some of the images are photoshopped, so watch with a grain of salt." Some? :blink:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!