Photo
- - - - -

website

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sourmash_whiskey

sourmash_whiskey

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

Didn’t know where to put this so went with the safe place LOL i was looking for a free way to post a website With "my own domain" I looked on youtube but all I could find was spam and all that :unsure:“fun stuff”:rolleyes: that wastes my time and gets me mad :mad: I am using html i spant so much time and dont want to put any money in it because i have alote of time into it already I would like to get my website on line soon if any one knows of a way plz tell me

#2 phr34kc0der

phr34kc0der

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

Maybe something like this http://www.freedomain.co.nr/ is what you're looking for. I've not used it myself but I've come across it once or twice. I dont think you'll (easily) find a free domain name and hosting. Domain names are pretty cheap and, depending on the site, worth the money. It's about image.

If you're hosting your self you could also look into http://www.no-ip.com/

#3 systmkor

systmkor

n00bie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:25 AM

Another website providing similar services is http://www.dyndns.com/.

#4 Aghaster

Aghaster

The Frenchman

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

DynDNS.org is really nice, I've been using it for years. IP update clients exist for pretty much any OS. I even found out recently that my Linksys router supports DynDNS.org, so I don't even need to run the IP update client on one of my computers :) In their list of free domain names you can get, my favorite is ".ath.cx". It looks much better than "home-ip.com" and all of those free ones that don't look nice.

#5 Trikk

Trikk

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

You more than likely won't be able to get your own .com or .net website, but what you can do as the people above have stated is get a sub domain of someone else. For instance, instead of having mysite.com, it would be mysite.no-ip.com. If you do not want to host the website on your own computer or server, as it wastes your bandwidth, you can get a free website by going to something like freewebs.com.

Edited by Trikk, 14 April 2010 - 03:02 PM.

#6 snakesonaplane

snakesonaplane

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:18 PM

DynDNS.org is really nice, I've been using it for years. IP update clients exist for pretty much any OS. I even found out recently that my Linksys router supports DynDNS.org, so I don't even need to run the IP update client on one of my computers :) In their list of free domain names you can get, my favorite is ".ath.cx". It looks much better than "home-ip.com" and all of those free ones that don't look nice.

DD-WRT does this too. Awesome for RDP if you open the ports up!

#7 johnnymanson

johnnymanson

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

I bought a .info domain name from Godaddy a couple of weeks ago for $0.98. That was for a full year. You can't beat that price!

#8 Swerve

Swerve

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:15 PM

Buy your own domain name if you want the public to find it.

#9 sourmash_whiskey

sourmash_whiskey

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

thank you

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!