• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 overfien

overfien

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

Russian web site featuring articles & forum on X.25 networks research, security, and hacking. Time to bust out your ADMx25 scripts by Antilove and enjoy some of these legacy systems. http://x25networks.ru/

Edited by overfien, 03 April 2010 - 10:45 AM.

#2 Beave

Beave

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

Been to that site many times. Right now, Russia is the only place left, IMHO, that has a really active X.25 network. JFalcon and I where just talking about this the other night.

#3 overfien

overfien

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:44 AM

some interesting boxes with dial out capabilities in that area specifically

Edited by overfien, 05 April 2010 - 06:17 AM.

#4 Beave

Beave

• 350 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:44 AM

some interesting boxes with dial out capabilities in that area specifically

I've found out dials on X.25 network, but to be honest, those don't interest me so much. With VoIP being so cheap, out dials just don't
have the same appeal as they once did. However, I do love to run into the crazy, weird systems you'll see out there.

#5 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

Been to that site many times. Right now, Russia is the only place left, IMHO, that has a really active X.25 network. JFalcon and I where just talking about this the other night.

Datapac (In Canada) is still somewhat active. I've found some seriously bizarre systems on there that are still active

#6 frogbong

frogbong

mad 1337

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:55 AM

How would an x.25 gateway identify itself; so I would know if I stumbled across one? I've never tried looking for one before.

Edited by frogbong, 15 May 2010 - 12:59 AM.

#7 jfalcon

jfalcon

Hakker addict

• 595 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

How would an x.25 gateway identify itself; so I would know if I stumbled across one? I've never tried looking for one before.

Usually they will identify themselves as one of the companies in this ITU DNIC list:
http://www.itu.int/F...nic-1508-en.pdf

You probably won't find much stateside as most all of our x.25 shutdown. Australia too. Canada has Datapac, europe still has a few running... etc..

#8 frogbong

frogbong

mad 1337

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:41 AM

Wow. Thank you for that. I'll be a happy camper if I ever find one.

#9 jfalcon

jfalcon

Hakker addict

• 595 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

Wow. Thank you for that. I'll be a happy camper if I ever find one.

If you read through the forums here, I'm sure you'll come across our discussions on the topic. Stateside, we have 3 networks: Compuserve (mostly a inbound network), Sita (mostly airlines) and QWest (Digipac). Sprintnet/Telenet used to be big here and alot has been written about them.... but Sprint got out of the game a while ago. The only places I've seen their PAD's used are in Russia, Italy and New Zealand.

#10 frogbong

frogbong

mad 1337

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

Ok, my understanding is more clear. I need to find an x.25 PAD before the data-network list will become useful. Btw, I couldn't find any x.25 related discussion using the forum's search form. Any other useful sources for information that I should know about?

Edited by frogbong, 21 May 2010 - 02:33 PM.

#11 Beave

Beave

• 350 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:40 AM

Ok, my understanding is more clear. I need to find an x.25 PAD before the data-network list will become useful. Btw, I couldn't find any x.25 related discussion using the forum's search form. Any other useful sources for information that I should know about?

Google is your friend. So are old text files. JFalcon and I have run into mucho DID's to X.28 PADs. It's just a matter of looking around. You might want to start looking for something well known like Datapac to get your feet wet on "how" to search around for that information. It's not really that hard.....

#12 frogbong

frogbong

mad 1337

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

Google is your friend. So are old text files. JFalcon and I have run into mucho DID's to X.28 PADs. It's just a matter of looking around. You might want to start looking for something well known like Datapac to get your feet wet on "how" to search around for that information. It's not really that hard.....

Thank you for your help, but I have a question. How am I supposed to find a gateway in the U.S. when something like Datapac is native to Canada? Old text files tell me a lot about how to navigate such a network once I find a gateway, but little about how to find a system like this. Now I'm being told that these gateways are not easy to find in the U.S.

What is the cheapest way for me to look for something like this when I have to dial numbers in Canada?

#13 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

http://www.hackcanad...king/index.html <- lots of info here on datapac

find a way to make free calls to canada (not that hard) and start scanning :)

#14 frogbong

frogbong

mad 1337

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

Very cool site. Thanks for the link and your reply as well. Muchas gracias a jfalcon y Beave tambien.

Edited by frogbong, 01 June 2010 - 06:54 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!