• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

If you have an extra usb-keyboard hold down a key and right before it starts repeating unplug it. Then start typing on your other keyboard. Does this crash x.org for you in about 30 seconds like it does for me? I can't repeat this behavior without X running so I assume it's in there. It's a hard bug- if you fellas see it too, freezes your system. You can't go into a debugger or anything.

#2 Aghaster

Aghaster

The Frenchman

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

If you have an extra usb-keyboard hold down a key and right before it starts repeating unplug it. Then start typing on your other keyboard. Does this crash x.org for you in about 30 seconds like it does for me? I can't repeat this behavior without X running so I assume it's in there. It's a hard bug- if you fellas see it too, freezes your system. You can't go into a debugger or anything.

lol... you found that by accident? I think you should probably submit a bug report, binrev won't help getting it fixed :p

#3 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

lol... you found that by accident? I think you should probably submit a bug report, binrev won't help getting it fixed :p

I'm just wondering if other people experience it too, perhaps it's a quirk of how I have something set up that I'm not aware of-- perhaps it's an actual bug in x, I don't know if other people can reproduce it.

#4 phr34kc0der

phr34kc0der

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

I tried but I couldn't reproduce it.

#5 Aghaster

Aghaster

The Frenchman

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:09 AM

Maybe you should post your Xorg.conf file, the bug could be in the keyboard input module.

#6 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:24 AM

I tried but I couldn't reproduce it.

hmm... ok thanks!!

Maybe you should post your Xorg.conf file, the bug could be in the keyboard input module.

I have not xorg.conf, everything is autodetected

Edited by SigFLUP, 26 March 2010 - 08:25 AM.

#7 phr34kc0der

phr34kc0der

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

What distro are you using? If it helps i'm using Ubuntu with nvidia drivers. My xorg.conf was generated by the nvidia tools.

#8 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

What distro are you using? If it helps i'm using Ubuntu with nvidia drivers. My xorg.conf was generated by the nvidia tools.

openbsd 4.6, I think they tend to lag on their X distribution however.. I'll have to try it with the latest x

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!