• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:35 AM

You all probably notice that there are several new posts for radio shows going up. I am in the process of finally uploading the BRR archive which should hopefully be followed by other content as well.

I have configured the site to post here anytime a new file is added which will be useful when NEW content is added since people may not check the downloads section directly for new content. right now, however, as I add a bunch of content at once, it may get messy. Please bear with me while I get this loaded. I *do* want a thread here for each episode, so I *want* to leave it turned on but it will create several threads (200 for BRR alone) as I do it.

Also, I am aware that the HTML is not rendered properly in the forum. HTML is allowed in the downloads module so I don't think I can do much about that for now. Maybe I will clean it up later. Until then, it will look ugly. It sucks but we have to live with it.

Again, sorry and bear with us. We are getting the site content built back up and organized to make a better overall experience for everyone.

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

NOTE:

Due to a software upgrade, a new bug popped up that is stopping files from being uploaded. The posts are made and the notes are there, but the file is missing.

the last good file upload was episode 73 of BRR and the 4 that were uploaded after that are empty until I get this fixed. I will attach the file later when we get it patched.

#3 rbcp

rbcp

SUP3R 31337

• Moderating Team
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Three years later this "temporary clutter" is still rendering this board unusable. All the real posts are scrolled away by HPR. I don't mean to sound like a dick and maybe I'm the only person this annoys, but it seems like this board should be renamed to "HPR Episodes" I'm trying to search for an old post in here right now, but it's impossible to find it when it's buried in 3 years of HPR posts.

#4 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I don't find that it makes the board completely useless, and I do like seeing new HPR information, but I agree that being able to filter it would be nice. I wouldn't want to have to filter the whole Hacker Media subforum though, since I'd be more likely to miss gems like ticom's "Basement Techie" post.

Currently I go in to the Hacker Media forum and click the "Mark this forum read" link.

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

well, there are couple of things in play here:

1) I left that old warning up back from when I was uploading files to the downloads area (see link in menu). I have the board configured to post here every time a file gets uploaded to the download area. The original intent of this thread was to notify the forum members that a new file was uploaded to the downloads area since people do not check it regularly. Due to this, I can easily unpin this topic/thread. No problem there, that was just my neglect.

2) As for the HPR posts, that is because I pull from the HPR feed and post each episode here. This was the original intent of the forum. Back then, it was because there were many shows that many different people were making that we wanted to promote and we pulled the XML feeds of them for new content. Since no one does anything anymore except for the HPR crew, it is dominated by HPR posts which is 1 post per day. The forum is set to show the last 20 post, I think, so it takes a month before posts roll from the first page. I still think that is acceptable but I am open to input from the users of the site.

UNPINNED...

#6 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Could we get a HPR weekly digest? That would reduce clutter while still providing your weekly roundup of new HPR episodes. I tend to pull them on Sunday and load them for workweek listening anyway, and if someone wants a post-by-post feed they can use HPR's RSS feed.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!