• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gLi7cha

gLi7cha

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

Need some help installing new drivers for this wifi card. So I don't have to re-write everything you can read about most of it here: http://www.binrev.co...t-the-card-woo/

Thanx to anyone who can help in advance..... I've been beating myself up all day about this.

-gLi7cha

#2 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

saw the driver downloads on the manufacturers website... do they not work?

http://www.alfa.com....Category=105463

#3 gLi7cha

gLi7cha

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:12 AM

Didn't even see this site b4.... thanx. Got the Mac drivers up and working. I'm in class right now, I'll let you know about the linux drivers when I get home in a few hours. Thanx!

-gLi7cha

#4 STRSHR

STRSHR

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

I'm willing to help out, wrote you a message on the other thread. :cool:

#5 gLi7cha

gLi7cha

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

Yeah.... Playing catch up now..... It's been a bust few days for me. Wiped BT installed Matriux. As much as I wanted Matriux to work I don't think it's going to happen. They seem to be off to a good start, and I'm sure they'll have a very nice distro in the future. But right now it seems as though BT is unstoppable lol. Thanx for the replies. Going RE-install BT4(F) again run an up date and give it another shot lol.

Thanx.

-gLi7cha

#6 TheFunk

TheFunk

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:15 PM

What are the hardware specs on your computer? From what I've seen Matriux only works on intel machines right now.

#7 gLi7cha

gLi7cha

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:57 PM

What are the hardware specs on your computer? From what I've seen Matriux only works on intel machines right now.

Thanx, but it's ok. I'm back to BT4 (Final) these days. I would still however like to follow Matriux, as they do seem to be off to a great start. Hopefully we will one day have a choice between 2 great pentest distros! ..... Isn't that what *nix is all about? .... Choice! ....I know there are others, but BT really nailed it. I would just like to see a few others come along with the same level of attention to detail.

-gLi7cha

#8 phr34kc0der

phr34kc0der

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:02 AM

Thanx, but it's ok. I'm back to BT4 (Final) these days. I would still however like to follow Matriux, as they do seem to be off to a great start. Hopefully we will one day have a choice between 2 great pentest distros! ..... Isn't that what *nix is all about? .... Choice! ....I know there are others, but BT really nailed it. I would just like to see a few others come along with the same level of attention to detail.

-gLi7cha

Out of curiosity are you running BT as you main OS or just to boot into it?

#9 gLi7cha

gLi7cha

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:07 AM

On my EEEPC 1005HA, BT is dedicated. But I also have my MacBook Pro.

#10 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

I have an issue much like this. I was able to get internet working by hard-wiring, but now im on a different computer that hard-wiring is not an option. I was told here on the forums to use ndiswrapper with the gui ndisdtk. When i tried to install the .deb for ndisdtk it says it was missing ndiskwrapper-utils but i already have installed that successfully. any ideas?

My wireless card is the linksys wmp110. I have the driver on both a cd and a jump driver, but it is for windows xp. I cannot emulate the driver to run without the GUI for ndiskwrapper. Any help would be great.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!