3 replies to this topic

#1 decima7e

decima7e

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:01 PM

Disregard this post.

Edited by decima7e, 14 November 2010 - 04:12 PM.

#2 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:30 AM

Probably not a good idea. Not only would you get expelled, that is illegal and you can get a hefty fine. I knew a guy when I was in high school who tried and failed at cracking the online grade system. He found the (oh snap big surprise) unless access from certain computers the files were read only. He was caught expelled and arrested. Needless to, studying is probably a better idea...

edit: typos srry

Edited by 1337_snic, 03 December 2009 - 03:30 AM.

#3 Pan

Pan

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

Probably not a good idea. Not only would you get expelled, that is illegal and you can get a hefty fine. I knew a guy when I was in high school who tried and failed at cracking the online grade system. He found the (oh snap big surprise) unless access from certain computers the files were read only. He was caught expelled and arrested. Needless to, studying is probably a better idea...

Yeah, this type of activity is bothersome. What's the point of cheating on grades instead of studying? You might get ahead in school for a second (if you don't get caught), but you end up cheating yourself out of an education.

#4 seabass

seabass

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:50 PM

I would have to agree with 1337_snic and Pan. At the risk of sounding like the old fart that I am, I don't think it's a good idea. Whether you get caught or not is not the point. An education is something that shouldn't be taken for granted. Consider yourself lucky that you have one offered to you. If you are looking for some innocent exploration in true hacker style (although there are plenty of ways to do that without getting yourself in trouble), then I retract my previous statement. If you are looking to change grades, then I think you are taking the easy way out, and will end up regretting it.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!