Photo
- - - - -

What technological adventures are you involved in right now?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Sector-Xero

Sector-Xero

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

Right now personally I should be doing research towards metasploit. I really want to learn it, but I feel uninspired.

Are you guys focused on anything particular at the moment?
  • SigFLUP likes this

#2 Swerve

Swerve

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

Starting trying to create GUI's for my apps; the Boost libraries; C#; XSLT/XPath and also some shell scripting.

Edited by Swerve, 29 November 2009 - 05:34 PM.

#3 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

Right now personally I should be doing research towards metasploit. I really want to learn it, but I feel uninspired.

Are you guys focused on anything particular at the moment?

To be honest with you not really. I should be continuing work on git://repo.or.cz/hrr.git but I haven't really been feeling like it. Over all I've been kinda lazy for the past few weeks. At the very moment I'm reading about the x font server protocol and listening to someones speech about plan 9. I'll probably just surf the interwebs tonight and not really do anything productive.

#4 Pi_2.0

Pi_2.0

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:01 PM

Trying to make a portable wood stove that'll actually work decently.

Fire, more complicated then you think.

#5 lattera

lattera

Underground Shizzleness

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

In the fifteen minutes of spare time I manage to scrap up every week, I work on my tool that makes runtime process infection easy.

#6 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

In the fifteen minutes of spare time I manage to scrap up every week, I work on my tool that makes runtime process infection easy.

Hmm, sounds pretty neat. How satisfied are you with it so far?

#7 lattera

lattera

Underground Shizzleness

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:33 PM

Pretty satisified. There's still tons more work to do, but it does all it's originally designed to do. It's public, you can find it on my site (Retoros, linked to in my sig).
  • SigFLUP likes this

#8 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:46 AM

Pretty satisified. There's still tons more work to do, but it does all it's originally designed to do. It's public, you can find it on my site (Retoros, linked to in my sig).

Hmm.. *snoops around source code* Looks pretty neat! Here, I added a configure-script to libhijack libhijack-0.3.tar_.gz I hope that didn't break anything. You can now ..

./configure
make
make install

.. in the distribution root directory
  • Swerve likes this

#9 rainwater_stillicide

rainwater_stillicide

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:07 AM

For the last few months I've been part of a research group at my university working on developing an interpreter to help research provable program correctness (programs that use pointers in particular). In the next couple of weeks I am going to be applying for PhD positions, most likely in the field of systems biology, although it's very in demand right now so it might not be possible. Then over christmas I will be doing some more work on a project I started last year that involved modeling the reactions inside a biological cell.

toooo much work :(

#10 jabzor

jabzor

hax?

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:26 AM

Doing some work around the home; rewiring with Cat6a-STP, rolling out Cisco IP-phones and configuring Call Manager and Unity.
After that, replacing the wireless cards in the laptops with Wireless-N, no more of this silly wireless-g + speedboost. :thumbsup:

#11 lattera

lattera

Underground Shizzleness

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:26 AM

Hmm.. *snoops around source code* Looks pretty neat! Here, I added a configure-script to libhijack libhijack-0.3.tar_.gz I hope that didn't break anything. You can now ..

./configure
make
make install

.. in the distribution root directory

Way freaking cool, dude. Thanks a lot. I've been using pmake, simply because it's all I know and have focused more on the code than the Makefile. I'll take a look at your additions tonight and might release 0.3.1 this week with that. Thanks again. :)

#12 droops

droops

Arduino Addict

• Moderating Team
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

building a single purpose box (based on arduino) that allows me to plug in a keyboard and an ethernet jack and then use irc, lcd to start with, tv is next.

#13 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

building a single purpose box (based on arduino) that allows me to plug in a keyboard and an ethernet jack and then use irc, lcd to start with, tv is next.

Wow, that actually sounds pretty cool! For myself personally I've always wanted to build a keyboard-mouse that just has an ethernet jack and speaks synergy's protocol. Best of luck with your project! I've been shy of the arduino myself but it looks pretty leet.

#14 m2mike

m2mike

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:51 AM

I am working on getting my MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certification so that I can get my MCSA certification. This will hopefully lead to me being a drone in the corporate world somewhere where I can make lots of money. Not having an income sucks.

#15 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

I'm working on designing an RFID-authenticated alarm and home control system for my parents' house. We're out in the country, but there have been a lot of break-ins to our neighbors' houses lately. Besides alarms, it will also control HVAC and hot water service, so that we can minimize energy useage when no one's home (vacation, et c.) Right now, I'm working on OpenGL code to display a wireframe floor plan of the house, with beacons for the various alarm sensors. I got a really good deal on flush-mount Honeywell magnetic door/window sensors, so every opening to the outside is on its own monitoring loop, rather than having a handful of "zones" with the sensors wired in series.

I'm also working on the hardware that interfaces the sensors to the control computer. It's Microchip PIC based, and also controls the RFID access. I've got some RFID radio chips coming in as samples from Texas Instruments, so we'll see how that goes -- time to learn to solder QFN!

Until the real alarm system is finished, I've got a relay logic state machine put together to sound an outdoor annunciator if anyone trips a sensor.

#16 Nonmod

Nonmod

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:32 PM

Started to explore metasploit,but i couldn't find the inspiration.Recently, i watched documentary about hacking and foud this movie to inspirational :blink:
7th time,trying to use exploits, i succeeded!Though, it was unpatched windows xp sp2. :dry: ,fail - to exploit xp w/o firewall on LAN.

#17 jadad

jadad

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:58 PM

After working in the IT field for well over a decade I quit IT for good this summer. I had become so burned out and sick of computing that I figured that after leaving IT I would never want to touch another computer again.

To my surprise, now that some months have passed since quitting IT, I am finding that my interests in computing and the h/p scene is slowly coming back. :smile:

So as far as projects, I am trying to get the basics of how Slackware does things down (currently running it in a VM) and once I feel competent with it I will install it on my main laptop as my main OS.

#18 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

Switching from Delphi (pascal) to C# as my language of choice. I love Delphi, but there are so many more code examples for c# out there. Also, learning PERL and C as well.

Just getting tired of looking for the right app all the time, when it would be so simple to develop one that will do exactly what is needed.

#19 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

I love Delphi, but there are so many more code examples for c# out there.

All of our business software at work is custom stuff written in Delphi...between that and using Novell NetWare over IPX on Linux machines, no one will ever figure our network out.

#20 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

getting rj45 to db29 sun adapter so i can lom my 280r after i remove the rsc card so i dont have to brute the pass. but thats no adventure just every day bs
  • SigFLUP likes this

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!