• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:47 AM

Ok I am 14 I have always found the idea of hacking to be awesome. Although everytime I looked for info I never really got anything or instead got more directed towards programming which didn't help. I found this site: http://www.puremango...how_to_hack_79/ which I though was great and found as many of the books mentioned off the net. Then I started reading them and realised I needed UNIX or Linux which I don't have or understand what exactly it is.

So I also discovered I will need the net. Which I have a separate computer of my own that isn't connected to the internet that I was going to use which again stuffed it all up completely. So I'm on facebook and I searched hacking and found a group (-haCking-) which brought me to here.

So yeah now I just need help and this looks like a good place to start because I can get actual answers from people and ask more questions etc. What I need is help in learning hacking on a windows xp computer without the net thankyou.

#2 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

Ok.... did I say something wrong or does no one so far know how to answer this question which i thought was quiet simple considering i just want ot know where to start with hacking on a windows xp computer without the net?

Edited by Powermaniac7, 30 November 2009 - 02:18 AM.

#3 lintwurm

lintwurm

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:14 AM

ok... first things first... Welcome to the forum... ^_^

Linux is an OS (Operating System) just like windows, except it is opensource and WAY more awesome and stable than windows... Now just like windows you have to decide which one of the Linux versions are for you... There are plenty... Ubuntu and Kubuntu are widely regarded to be the best starting OS's for windows users, but having said that I feel that you don't really get the Linux experience like with OpenSuse etc.

But the best hacking Linux distro is BackTrack... So if you really want to start hacking download that ^_^ also, I am not sure if the computer that you are trying to hack is on the same network or if its one PC you are trying to hack... If they are two different pc's, run the distro Damn Vulnerable Linux on the computer you are trying to hack...

Then... Hacking is a good idea... It gets you to think differently from the normal computer user... :biggrin: but for now choose what type of hacking you want to start with... do you want to write cracks, hack websites? When you have chosen one, learn as much as possible of the subject... For instance if you choose website hacking... Set up your own websites and see if you can get your pc to crash, or see if you can bypass security measures... A good place where you can start is Hack This Site

There is no one way we can tell you THIS IS HOW YOU HACK... It is not that simple... Every computer is different.

also, learning how to program will make your life very much easier in the world of hacking... Learn a language like C or C++... maybe even java... also learn a scripting language like python or perl... There are plenty of awesome tutorials online... one of them is: Teach yourself c++ in 21 days...

We hope you enjoy your stay at the forums... ^_^

#4 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:00 AM

Thankyou umm is there any possible way to have Linux on my computer without getting rid of my programs/games on windows and yes keeping windows also?

I've already kind of realized there is no one way to hack. The kinda hacking I like the idea of is probably websites/networks as in the whole idea of how that guy in England hacked into the Pentagon. Which I didn't even think was possible but he sure did prove me wrong and has kinda inspired me more.

Ok probably the noobiest thing I will ever say where can I actually download C++. I looked before and downloaded it but it seem to have messed up and be like adobe photo editor or something I don't know what happen.

Edited by Powermaniac7, 30 November 2009 - 05:26 AM.

#5 lintwurm

lintwurm

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:04 AM

ok...

Installing Linux is usually very easy (and easier depending on the distro you are installing)... I know
that with Ubuntu, you start your system, go into windows, pop in the disk, tell it to install Ubuntu and
in no time at all, you have Linux on your machine... ^_^ restart your PC and there will be a boot menu...
Just choose the OS you want to start and off you go ^_^

no for the c++ part... on my website: www.lintwurm.co.za (yes, I am whoring out my website :D) there is
a really simple tutorial on c++... Using windows to program isn't really a bad thing, but Linux was made
for that exact reason... so I trust it way more ^_^

When you have Linux installed, you can go to the Add Software and choose to install the compiler...
and then you program and compile and you will have a working program in no time...

For website hacking, start small... Look into SQL-injections ect...
I don't want to spoonfeed coz that is not how you learn...

For any type of hacking, the best advice is READ READ and READ untill your eyes bleed...

Let me know if you need more help :D

#6 Seal

Seal

Not a fan of clubs.

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:58 AM

Thankyou umm is there any possible way to have Linux on my computer without getting rid of my programs/games on windows and yes keeping windows also?

I've already kind of realized there is no one way to hack. The kinda hacking I like the idea of is probably websites/networks as in the whole idea of how that guy in England hacked into the Pentagon. Which I didn't even think was possible but he sure did prove me wrong and has kinda inspired me more.

Ok probably the noobiest thing I will ever say where can I actually download C++. I looked before and downloaded it but it seem to have messed up and be like adobe photo editor or something I don't know what happen.

1. Yes you can use Linux without wiping out Windows. It's called a Linux Live CD.
2. C++ is a programming language, not a program. You write code in programming languages to make programs. You can download a compiler, which turns the code into a program, like MingW for Windows. But downloading the programming language itself is like saying "I'd like to download English."

#7 sojourner

sojourner

H4x0r

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

yeah you can even install linux on your current windows harddrive without erasing ANYTHING on your windows partition with Ubuntu(provided you have enoguh space left on your harddrive to install linux without wiping out any of windows partition). It has a program called partitionmagic (or something like that) that gives an easy to use graphical interface that you just show how much space you want to allocate for windows on your hard drive and for linux.

booting from the live unbuntu CD will just load the O.S. (operating system) into your memory so you can't save any data etc. you can only use linux and its preloaded programs that way...youll hafta actually put the OS on your harddrive in order to do things with it like download and edit junk

bleh im probably not pointing out anything too helpful but if you want some inspiration here is what inspired me to try linux AND start hacking

check out aircrack-ng.org

this website has a LOT of documentation and it's not easy to figure out, but once you get it you'll be amazed at what hacking with someone else's programs can do.....then maybe some years down the road you'll have learned some computer languages and will be making your own programs :)

Edited by sojourner, 30 November 2009 - 01:06 PM.

#8 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

I always recommend this to new people. I do not agree with 100% of what is stated (like LISP being one of the top 5 languages to learn), but it is a good start.

#9 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:39 AM

Ok off to download and install Ubuntu while also using partition master to have windows and my games/programs also. Time to learn some C++ once I've installed Ubuntu with the learn "C++ in 21 days". Thanks again everyone for the informative information.

#10 Swerve

Swerve

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:37 PM

Good choice on dual booting.

Personally I'd look at getting the free C++ IDE Visual Studio.

I will only work on Windows, but if you new to both programming and Linux, visual studio might be a little easier to get your hands wet with the programming side of things.

Once installed, to create a new blank program, go File>New>Project>Visual C++>Win32>Win32 Console application. Give it a name, such as "Hello World" and click OK.

Then on the Welcome to the Win32 Application Wizard window, click Next. Under 'additional opotions' tick 'empty project', then click 'Finish'.

Now the IDe should open up. On the top left you should see a windows called the Solution Explorer. Right click on Source Files>add>New item.

Go Visual C++>C++ file(.cpp)>and give it the name main.cpp and then click Add.

That file should then be open in the main window of the IDE.

Enter the traditional Hello World program:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
void main()
{
  cout << "Hello World!" << endl;
  cin.get();
}

Once this code has been entered, click the little green right pointing arrow at the top of the visual studio IDE.

Then you will of ran your first program! yey.

#11 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:38 AM

Okay I've installed Ubuntu and now I'm wondering how do I access and type code into C++ because isn't there something you open so you can type into it like command prompt or something like that? Or can I type into anything and just use a compiler even though I'm not quite sure what a compiler is? So yes how do I access C++?

#12 lintwurm

lintwurm

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:04 AM

ok...

Open any type of text editor... Like notepad for example in windows... and copy paste this there...

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
      cout<<"Hello world"<<endl;
}
Save it as hello.cpp
now open the command prompt and go to the right directory... Enter this:"g++ -c hello.cpp"
then:"g++ hello.o -o hello"
and then lastly "./hello"

and that should be your first program... :D

A quick recap... g++ is the compiler... if it says that it could not be found, install it...
#include <iostream> is the library that gives you access to input and output stuff in the command prompt...
using namespace std; can be left out, but this is the newer way of programming with c++... if you left it out, you could have made the program like this:

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
     std::cout<<"Hello world";
}

and it should have no difference...

int main() is where the program starts running... this is the first method that is called when your program runs...

the cout<<"Hello world"<<endl; part is just to say output the text to the command prompt...

I hope that gives you a better understanding of what you asked... ^_^

#13 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

ok...

Open any type of text editor... Like notepad for example in windows... and copy paste this there...

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
      cout<<"Hello world"<<endl;
}
Save it as hello.cpp
now open the command prompt and go to the right directory... Enter this:"g++ -c hello.cpp"
then:"g++ hello.o -o hello"
and then lastly "./hello"

and that should be your first program... :D

A quick recap... g++ is the compiler... if it says that it could not be found, install it...
#include <iostream> is the library that gives you access to input and output stuff in the command prompt...
using namespace std; can be left out, but this is the newer way of programming with c++... if you left it out, you could have made the program like this:

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
     std::cout<<"Hello world";
}

and it should have no difference...

int main() is where the program starts running... this is the first method that is called when your program runs...

the cout<<"Hello world"<<endl; part is just to say output the text to the command prompt...

I hope that gives you a better understanding of what you asked... ^_^

on a fresh Ubuntu install, would he have to do a:
sudo apt-get install build-essential
to get gcc ready?

#14 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

Wait, wait, wait if a can do it in windows why did I install Ubuntu? I thought that was the whole point install Ubuntu to use C++ in there?

#15 Swerve

Swerve

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

Wait, wait, wait if a can do it in windows why did I install Ubuntu? I thought that was the whole point install Ubuntu to use C++ in there?

Well now your able program and hack using both OSs!

You don't need any OS in particular to learn hacking or programming. You can do it using both, but hacking is primarily done using Linux. I recommended Visual Studio (for Windows) so you could get started with programming nice and quickly.

lintwurm and PurpleJesus explained how you can start programming using Ubuntu.

Your in a good situation now, and can learn both - Linux and programming.

sudo apt-get install build-essential

Yeah, I had to use that on 8.04LTS to install KDevelop, 8.04LTS also came with an older version of libtool (1.5) which was needed by KDevelop.

Edited by Swerve, 03 December 2009 - 08:15 PM.

#16 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

Ok I was going to start learning C++ as you've probably already noticed. The thing is in Ubuntu is there a command prompt or something I type sudo apt-get install build-essential to get it working? And if using Ubuntu do I have to have the net connected to that computer to be able to open/access/run C++?

Edited by Powermaniac7, 03 December 2009 - 08:42 PM.

#17 Swerve

Swerve

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

Lets's test if you need it first.

In Ubuntu, the 'command prompt' is termed the 'terminal'.

The terminal can be found at Applications menu > Accessories > Terminal.

Then enter:

gedit main.cpp

gedit is like Notepad.

Now follow lintwurm's post.

See if it runs.

Edit - And no, you don't need the net to do any of this, if you don't have build essential I think it's on the CD.

Edited by Swerve, 03 December 2009 - 08:51 PM.

#18 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

Hit a wall the build essentials file and any other files to do with C++ doesn't work on the CD. I tried downloading the files off the Ubuntu site and they didn't seem to work either because it still can't find the build-essentials file. Anyone got a link or something to the build-essential file/s for Ubuntu?

Edited by Powermaniac7, 05 December 2009 - 12:54 AM.

#19 Powermaniac7

Powermaniac7

mad 1337

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

I'm not sure why it didn't work Ubuntu can't find the build-essential file I think I've must of got the wrong one can anyone point me in the right direction in getting them? thanks

Ok it seems Ubuntu didn't install and burn correctly to the CD or my computer so now I am thinking stuff using the CD I'm going to install Ubuntu off of my USB drive. Hopefully this works because I'm getting to the point of giving up. Or does anyone recommend any other OS that are good for hacking/programming?

Edited by Powermaniac7, 05 December 2009 - 03:13 AM.

#20 lintwurm

lintwurm

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:06 AM

OK... another Linux OS that is windows users friendly is Kubuntu...
But I still prefer the OpenSuse distro...

And just so I am clear, have you installed the ubuntu or are you running it as a live CD?
Coz I don't think you can install anything if you are running the live CD...

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!