• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sector-Xero

Sector-Xero

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

Can someone help me out on this? I can't configure BT4 for wireless.

I have two different WIFI cards. One is a broadcom that might work. The other is a wg511t atheros chipset that I know definitely works.

Does anyone have a link specifically for this?

Edit: I just figured it out as soon as I posted this. Sorry :dry:

Edited by Sector-Xero, 27 October 2009 - 04:22 PM.

#2 isolationx

isolationx

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

I have two different WIFI cards. One is a broadcom that might work. The other is a wg511t atheros chipset that I know definitely works.

Ndiswrapper?

#3 trevelyn

trevelyn

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

Ndiswrapper?

awe man, Ndiswrapper is lame with BT4. BT4 is an awesome distro for wireless hacking! BCM can now inject but you need to patch and recompile te kernel, which i think Off-Sec actually did. You should run lspci and get the actual information of the Atheros card. and use modprobe -l to list the driver modules available. then install it with modprobe as well. Finding out stuff in manpages ias just discouraging to people new to Linux so i never refer them to it, if you do a simple Google search you can find out more about Linux and Wireless (but you said you figured it out already).

~trev

#4 Sector-Xero

Sector-Xero

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:23 PM

Ndiswrapper?

awe man, Ndiswrapper is lame with BT4. BT4 is an awesome distro for wireless hacking! BCM can now inject but you need to patch and recompile te kernel, which i think Off-Sec actually did. You should run lspci and get the actual information of the Atheros card. and use modprobe -l to list the driver modules available. then install it with modprobe as well. Finding out stuff in manpages ias just discouraging to people new to Linux so i never refer them to it, if you do a simple Google search you can find out more about Linux and Wireless (but you said you figured it out already).

~trev

Yeah, It wasn't any of that stuff really...

You have to issue two commands to enable you networking in BT4.

/etc/init.d/networking start

and

/etc/init.d/wicd <-- for wireless

#5 batman24

batman24

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

Is BT4 still what most people use for a CD bootable Linux? I haven't used one it a long long time (the last one I used was Auditor or something like that).

#6 5imp7y

5imp7y

Hakker addict

• Binrev Financier
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

Ndiswrapper?

I can not for the life of me get that to work haha! When i tried to get the GUI .deb to work, it says it is missing dependencies, but i already installed the file. I have a linksys wmp110 range plus wireless card and still have the cd. I googled the hell outa this and apparently people tell me there is no Linux based driver so i need to emulate the xp or vista one(i have both) Any ideas?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!