• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Dixie Flatline

The Dixie Flatline

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

I remember seeing a linux distro a few years ago that was a multimedia driven package. It had a lot of digital content tools like audio software, graphics and animation packages, etc. I think I recall it had a pretty slick design with the website/window manager.

Personally I'm a Debian guy myself, but my friend at a VFX company was looking into FOSS solutions for workstations. I couldn't remember the name for the life of me, and googling didn't turn up much.

#2 rainwater_stillicide

rainwater_stillicide

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

I remember seeing a linux distro a few years ago that was a multimedia driven package. It had a lot of digital content tools like audio software, graphics and animation packages, etc. I think I recall it had a pretty slick design with the website/window manager.

Personally I'm a Debian guy myself, but my friend at a VFX company was looking into FOSS solutions for workstations. I couldn't remember the name for the life of me, and googling didn't turn up much.

It probably wasn't this you are thinking of but there is a mediacentric distribution of ubuntu called Ubuntu Studio which collects together a lot of good multimedia editing tools. http://ubuntustudio.org/

#3 mungewell

mungewell

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

Dyne:Bolic (http://dynebolic.org/)

A great live CD.
Mungewell.

#4 The Dixie Flatline

The Dixie Flatline

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

Thanks guys. The more I think about, I think my memory is actually merging those two distros, and I'm currently searching for an imaginary combination of both of them. Thanks for the quick responses :)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!