• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 BillyBob

BillyBob

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

I have a rather simple question for you guys and I'm sure you cana nswer me in a heartbeat...

I know Zynga keeps all of it's images in a directory as such:

http://static.farmvi...colate_icon.png

Throughout the XML file, the asset url code can be found for every item in the game with one exception: Promo Icons.

By this I mean the symbols next to limited items for themes such as Cinco de Mayo, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc.

In the XML file, a hint to the location of these icons is found from line 658 (in version 25518):

<limitedIcons defaultIcon="none">\
<icon name="limitedIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="halloweenIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="tentIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="snowFlakeIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="caneIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="santaIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="mafiaIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="newYearsIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="cowIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="rabbitIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="peaceIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="limitedClock_mc"/>\
<icon name="alaskaIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="haitiReliefIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="superBowlIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="groundHogIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="valentineIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="chineseIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="maskIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="presidentIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="torchIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="californiaIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="yellowstoneIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="franceIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="shamrockIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="aliceIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="springIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="jesterIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="questionMark_mc"/>\
<icon name="tigerIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="dogTagIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="craftingPastry_mc"/>\
<icon name="craftingPerfume_mc"/>\
<icon name="craftingFuel_mc"/>\
<icon name="craftingWine_mc"/>\
<icon name="earthDay_mc"/>\
<icon name="arborDay_mc"/>\
<icon name="hourglass_mc"/>\
<icon name="cactusIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="gardenIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="sombreroIcon_mc"/>\
<icon name="mothersDay_mc"/>\
</limitedIcons>\

Now my question is this: where are these icons actually stored on Zynga's servers? I can find no references calling the Icon names to any urls. I'm sure this one is quick and easy for you guys, but it baffles me.

Thanks for your help in advance!

#82 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:01 AM

Sniff the traffic coming out of your PC while you play. It either has the full URL in the packets *OR* it is hidden on the backend in their code and the server knows where to find them images and not the client. Personally, I would do the latter if I were coding it myself anyway.

#83 BillyBob

BillyBob

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

Sniff the traffic coming out of your PC while you play. It either has the full URL in the packets *OR* it is hidden on the backend in their code and the server knows where to find them images and not the client. Personally, I would do the latter if I were coding it myself anyway.

I don't find any traces linking to their icons. What software would your recommend I use to find out the url in their backend?

#84 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

I don't find any traces linking to their icons. What software would your recommend I use to find out the url in their backend?

Thats just it, if it is on the backend, then it is just looking at what data is sent which could be just a code or a number or something and looking it up on a database that you cannot see (unless you want to hack their entire server, lol). It is outside of your reach for that very reason.

#85 BillyBob

BillyBob

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

Thats just it, if it is on the backend, then it is just looking at what data is sent which could be just a code or a number or something and looking it up on a database that you cannot see (unless you want to hack their entire server, lol). It is outside of your reach for that very reason.

Well someone has figured it out because the icons are found all over farmviller.com but of course they won't reveal that secret to anyone...

#86 BillyBob

BillyBob

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

I have an alternative question:

What can I do to gain access to the http://static.farmvi...assets/animals/ directory?

Simply going to the url leads to an Access Denied message. Is there a way to get passed that?

#87 Way2kewl4u

Way2kewl4u

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

Any one having any luck, wanting to know where were at, would like to contribute to this hack if I can in any way. On my own I have no chance, I believe it is possible to gain access to all items including unreleased items in the game at this time, I have a couple friends and neighbors who have them on their farms when I visit. Black Stallion, and snow leopard along with the white and rainbow apple trees.

#88 roberto

roberto

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

They updated the game while I was trying to tamper the HTTP response so that it loads my files instead of the original:

Posted Image

Check that when you're trying to tamper your config file you're in sync with the current version.

prejudice I have some questions to post. in my farm I had a super plow about 3600 plates, the farm after trasflrmazione and went on for some time, some days ago '3600 pick sod, and instead of going to sow seed 560zolle 3600 why? and what could happen? we all know that the super user of plow or some type bot farmvillebot need to make many xp going outside the natural use of the game, but the dilemma that I bring forward a long time and 'as some people make more than the 150,000 to xp day without using anything like that !!!!! enlighten you know about? Can I restore the sod farm in 3600? Thanks to everyone in advance !!!!!!

#89 roberto

roberto

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hi,
I'm an italian guy, i've found a code that can be modified to obtain more CHicken Coop...i think it is not necessay to keep it secret cause somebody already explained it in an italian blog... I need to know how to look at the "conversation" between me and the Zynga server, can you give me some explanation about it ?? If i can look at it i'm sure i can found others holes in the code, so i can modify it and not going out of sync !!

Thanks

PS: if you want the Chiken Coop Explanation ask me with an email

In the image my 4 coops :-)

PPS : sorry for my bad english

salve avrei alcune domande da postare . nella mia farm avevo un super plow di circa 3600 zolle, la farm dopo la trasflrmazione e andata avanti per parecchio tempo,alcuni giorni fa' raccolgo 3600 zolle, vado per seminare e invece di 3600 semina 560zolle come mai?? cosa e potuto succedere?? sappiamo tutti che il super plow o lutilizzo di alcuni bot tipo farmvillebot servono per fare tanti xp che vanno fuori il naturale utilizzo del gioco, ma il dilemma che mi porto avanti da parecchio tempo e' come fanno alcuni utenti a fare oltre i 150.000 xp al giorno senza utilizzare niente del genere!!!!! sapete illuminarmi in merito?? Posso ripristinare la farm a 3600 zolle?? Grazie a tutti anticipatamente!!!!!!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!