• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 JmanA9

JmanA9

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

I wasn't aware that Google Voice had an outgoing call feature when you called your own number from one of your registered phones. Both the web interface and the outgoing call feature let you call toll-free numbers. When you normally call a toll-free number, your Google Voice number will be passed along as the caller id. However, if you dial *67 before you call your Google Voice number from one of your registered phones, you can op-divert! When I op-divert through my Google Voice account in the 412 area code, I get an ANI of "585." Area code 585 is for Rochester, NY. Does anyone know if Google's calls originate in the 585 area code?

I don't know of any ANACS that read ANI-II, but 800-OPERATOR and 800-CALL-ATT both greet me with "AT&T, may I have the number you're calling from, please?" That doesn't necessarily mean it's passing 02.

As with anything fun, if it gets abused, it may be taken away. Please take that into consideration. Otherwise, phreak away!

#2 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

Wow that is a cool trick, too bad my GV invite hasn't come through yet, hehe Posted Image

I was wondering if that trick would also work with some calling cards that have local access numbers?

#3 JmanA9

JmanA9

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:11 PM

Wow that is a cool trick, too bad my GV invite hasn't come through yet, hehe Posted Image

I was wondering if that trick would also work with some calling cards that have local access numbers?

I've never found it to work. Most calling card platforms block toll free numbers. I'm surprised Google Voice lets you dial toll-free numbers. They probably get some sort of kickback, because I doubt they'd just do it for convenience sake.

PM me with your email address, and I can send you an invite.

#4 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:56 PM

I've never found it to work. Most calling card platforms block toll free numbers. I'm surprised Google Voice lets you dial toll-free numbers. They probably get some sort of kickback, because I doubt they'd just do it for convenience sake.

Wow thanks a ton! I've found that pingo's calling cards let you call toll free numbers, however they still charge you. I havn't tested the trick by calling their local numbers with my CID blocked though. I know verizon's calling cards dont block toll free numbers either, however they dont have any local access numbers. I've tried this trick with ringplus, and they simply refuse the call with CID blocked.

I'd try this trick out with a card like pingo, in theory it should work, right?

#5 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

dont need an invite, but i did have invites left when they switched from grandcentral to google voice... but they took the invites away... so you are telling me that i have access to my unused invites? where can i find them?

#6 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

I wasn't aware that Google Voice had an outgoing call feature when you called your own number from one of your registered phones. Both the web interface and the outgoing call feature let you call toll-free numbers. When you normally call a toll-free number, your Google Voice number will be passed along as the caller id. However, if you dial *67 before you call your Google Voice number from one of your registered phones, you can op-divert! When I op-divert through my Google Voice account in the 412 area code, I get an ANI of "585." Area code 585 is for Rochester, NY. Does anyone know if Google's calls originate in the 585 area code?

I don't know of any ANACS that read ANI-II, but 800-OPERATOR and 800-CALL-ATT both greet me with "AT&T, may I have the number you're calling from, please?" That doesn't necessarily mean it's passing 02.

As with anything fun, if it gets abused, it may be taken away. Please take that into consideration. Otherwise, phreak away!

I was wondering when someone on here was going to discover it. I found out about it a couple of weeks ago but kept it to myself to prevent it from being abused. But yes, if you *67 before your Google Voice number and make an out going call, ANI is effectively blocked.

The 585 area code is the home to a VoIP provider (I forget which one off the top of my head).

#7 JmanA9

JmanA9

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:18 AM

Wow thanks a ton! I've found that pingo's calling cards let you call toll free numbers, however they still charge you. I havn't tested the trick by calling their local numbers with my CID blocked though. I know verizon's calling cards dont block toll free numbers either, however they dont have any local access numbers. I've tried this trick with ringplus, and they simply refuse the call with CID blocked.

I'd try this trick out with a card like pingo, in theory it should work, right?

Not necessarily. A lot of calling card carriers block toll-free numbers. There's really no reason you should waste their network resources on a call that's free for you to make from whatever phone you're using. Also, no average customer would want to call toll free numbers through his calling card. However, if a carrier is getting a kickback for every toll-free call they complete, that's a different story.

#8 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:45 PM

Well I got my invite and set up GV yesterday (too bad all the local numbers ending in 1337 were gone) and with my CID blocked, sure enough, 800-444-4444 read back my ANI as "585."

Edited by Skunkworks, 18 October 2009 - 07:18 PM.

#9 samo

samo

elite

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

In other google voice related news...

http://www.boygenius...able-by-anyone/

#10 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:08 AM

I have been thinking about WHY this works...

when you call an ANAC number with out *67 into your GV it reads back your GV number so blocking your CID to call GV itself should not "fail" the ANI it appears that this was done on purpose by GV for some reason..

#11 snakesonaplane

snakesonaplane

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

Could anyone here spare an invite?

#12 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

The ANI-II its passing is 00 - POTS

#13 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:36 PM

Ok, I finally nailed down the CPN its sending too.

Here is what "op-diverting" with GV will produce:
ANI-II: 00 (POTS)
ANI/BTN: 585
CPN: 585+P
Caller ID: Private

#14 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

seems to be sending something else as the ANI now... although it still is not any of the numbers associated with my account....

I am currently getting an ANI of 646-291-8010 (which would be a local area code for me and my GV number and all associated numbers (212, 347, 646, 718, 917)...

calling that number from my GV number just rings no answer (at least right now... perhaps its too late for someone to answer that line being almost 11pm right now?)

#15 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:52 PM

seems to be sending something else as the ANI now... although it still is not any of the numbers associated with my account....

I am currently getting an ANI of 646-291-8010 (which would be a local area code for me and my GV number and all associated numbers (212, 347, 646, 718, 917)...

calling that number from my GV number just rings no answer (at least right now... perhaps its too late for someone to answer that line being almost 11pm right now?)

Yes, I now get the exact same ANI from both of my numbers in 202 when using *67 first. Just noticed it yesterday aswell, but I'm sure it was working last week. Appears the party is now over, and automated op-diverting is now just as impossible as it was after halloween 2006 (when 10-10-288-0 stopped working for op diverting.) That is unless someones wants to drop their super secret leet method of op diverting automatically. :-D

EDIT: tried it out with pingo calling cards, and it doesn't produce ANI failure. Interestingly though, it does pass their ANI as your CPN then, with a privacy bit. So it totally obscures your CPN and ANI from your called party.

Edited by Skunkworks, 05 December 2009 - 02:56 PM.

#16 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

Ok now this is just plain odd. The ANI and CPN have now changed to 00-404-260-5532 and 404-260-5532P respectivly. 404 is in Georgia, and this holds true with my GV numbers all over the country. Weird. Posted Image

#17 JmanA9

JmanA9

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:29 AM

Have you tried calling 404-460-5532? It's strange. I'm not familiar with the voice on this system.

404-460 is owned by Teleport. Nearby numbers in the exchange go to subscribers. 646-291 (the number that was showing up for a while) is owned by Paetec. Google's offices in Atlanta are served by MCI. Maybe Google is bouncing around which CLEC handles its toll-free termination?

#18 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:48 AM

Have you tried calling 404-460-5532? It's strange. I'm not familiar with the voice on this system.

404-460 is owned by Teleport. Nearby numbers in the exchange go to subscribers. 646-291 (the number that was showing up for a while) is owned by Paetec. Google's offices in Atlanta are served by MCI. Maybe Google is bouncing around which CLEC handles its toll-free termination?

It's 404-260 btw, not 460.

Now the weird thing is indeed when I called up a non-toll free ANAC, 608-884-1206, I got the last 7 of my CPN as 3059015. So CPN (and possibly ANI) do vary depending on whether its a toll free call or not. Posted Image

404-260 is listed as...
MCI WORLDCOM COMMUNICATIONS, INC. - GA (Verizon) OCN# 7435

#19 resistor X

resistor X

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

I'm kind of new to phreaking so I have a question about what JmanA9 said here :

I wasn't aware that Google Voice had an outgoing call feature when you called your own number from one of your registered phones. Both the web interface and the outgoing call feature let you call toll-free numbers.

My question is :

Why does one want to be able to call toll-free numbers? I think I know the answer but I'm checking in case I'm wrong. I'd like to be able to do op-divert so I'm checking to be sure I do it right.

If anyone can answer this question for me I'd appreciate it. :smile:

#20 nyphonejacks

nyphonejacks

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:13 PM

being able to call a toll free number from google voice allows you to call a toll free ANAC like 800-444-4444 or 866-MY-ANI-IS so that you can see what is being passed as your ANI when you make a call... if you find that the ANI fails, or does not provide a complete number as GV previously has done (with the 585 being all that was passed) then you could op-divert to spoof your ANI to whatever you wish thru an operator...

there are other cool things that you could do with toll free numbers (scan for carriers, test numbers, etc)... and it is always good to find a way other than your own phone line to call toll free numbers on, since they use ANI to obtain your telephone information and not CID...

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!