• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 03:58 PM

My school just upgraded the library computers to p4's (2 Ghz, 256 ram). the fact is I know we have an A+ certification class in my school and that the old computers (p2's and p3's) ended up in the possession of the A+ teacher who's gonna let the ppl dissassemble and work on em. Anyone know how I can get him to give me sum parts. I'm looking to build a new linux box for myself (and i'd prefer it to be free), my old one fried. I know it's a dumb question but I'm desperate :wacko: ...plz help

#2 zerodata

zerodata

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 04:25 PM

Hmmm well it would seem you could

A.) Social engineering ---> just find the teacher and ask real nicely explain why you want it etc (Maybe lie a little)

B.) Join the A+ class might make it easier to get the parts

C.) Find out where the parts are and steal em B) C) friggin smileys causin trouble again LOL

#3 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 01:43 AM

I have had that same problem with the B) smilie and lists. It is the default keycode. I will put that on my to-do list of things to change.

As far as the computer parts thing goes, all you can really do is to flat out ask him for them. Maybe offer assistance with the class or something else in exchange for them?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!