• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 trevelyn

trevelyn

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:34 PM

/* This is not an advertisement, i just need some phone recordings.. or links to. */

I have another title I am working on for the Nintendo DS and i need help..

The application is a complete simulation of a payphone.. i add numbers as i find them and they work. (it doesnt really call) you dial the number after hitting the nickel button on a redbox that has no memory (*) at least 5 times ($0.25). I have the window split so you can see the redbox, the 3-hit volume button /* that works now thanks to palib's awesomeness */ the payphones dialpad, and the hookswitch. I will be.. eew that would make a cool nick "hookswitch" anyways, i want to add a bluebox to the screen that you can use to seize the 907-295 switch and dial out with memory only. (the memory buttons only, not a full dialpad. this thing is already like 1.3369 KLOC) :P and much more really, i am open for suggestions.. functionality is working fine.. the dialtone times out and you can hear "if you'd like to make a call.." if you don't redbox coins in you hear a "the call you made requires a coin deposit."

I need recordings of cool phone test equipment. The application allows you to redbox calls from a payphone to anywhere in the world for only $0.25! so far you can dial:
(just pittsburgh numbers right now: that aren't necessarily real numbers (don't call them on a real phone!))

911 (for free)
117 (proctor test set)
14128859935 (DATU/SASS)

and a few others..

I will update this post as the development goes along. I need recordings, since i have no way of recording them myself.

i would like to have 1-907-295-9999 /* i've been away so long, that message has actually changed???!! does anyone have the guy from a few years ago's voice? */ milliwatts, and the 907-295-8888 messages recorded with the 2600 chirps to add blueboxing to the app, etc. Oh and i need a good recording of the really nasal Est Verizon chick that says "the call you've made requires a coin deposit." on the COCOTS. I also already got a lot of stuff frrom jenn's site ThisIsaRecording.com (thanks Jenn!) and i got a proctor test set from http://www.stromcarlson.com/ which, like the SASS, has no functionality but you can listen to the whole recording. (I love that sites BTW, Strom.. awesome!)

tonight I am going out to get some nice payphone pics for the backgrounds /* since the ones i have are in daylight and look reallyyyyyy cheeseyyyyyy */ any of you remember the look of 2Dial*Phreak, zombie.el.cx? (http://web.archive.o...//zombie.el.cx/) It had a cool night time payphone theme that i want to capture once more.

I think this will be very cool, for people to sit in their beds at night relaxing and phreaking from a payphone. <3 Hell, i can even add a ton of hidden numbers you can find by accident or by wardialing Tongue

So, can you guys help me with the sounds? I have no means of recording sound from payphones or landlines or VoIP :( I will put you in the game's credits, and such.

Thanks in advance! I will post YouTube videos when the project looks cleaner after the photo shoot tonight.

~ Trevelyn.

Email me! (douglas at weaknetlabs dot com)

#2 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

i would like to have 1-907-295-9999 /* i've been away so long, that message has actually changed???!! does anyone have the guy from a few years ago's voice? */ milliwatts, and the 907-295-8888 messages recorded with the 2600 chirps to add blueboxing to the app, etc.

Where've you been, man? I think that changed, like, a good year ago :) . I think I've got a recording somewhere on one of the minidiscs I've got lying around, I'll see what I can do.

Also, you've heard about 907-541, right?

Oh and i need a good recording of the really nasal Est Verizon chick that says "the call you've made requires a coin deposit."

You mean this? 410-362-9944

I'll see what else I can get. Good luck, it's good to see someone still doing things.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 24 August 2009 - 06:17 PM.

#3 trevelyn

trevelyn

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:33 AM

Where've you been, man? I think that changed, like, a good year ago :) . I think I've got a recording somewhere on one of the minidiscs I've got lying around, I'll see what I can do.

I've been working on WeakNet Linux 1,2, & Lite, i released a new CD, I created a social networking site, i learned PHP, SQL, more about Perl, Perl Tk, C, XML, etc, made a few commercial websites, got a new job, i've just been away from the phones lately, busy.. I have an RSS feed for all the work i've been doing:

http://weaknetlabs.com/rss/WNLrss.xml

Also, you've heard about 907-541, right?

No i haven't!

You mean this? 410-362-9944

naw, she sounds different, but that is a perfect recording for the app, can anyone make mp3's of this stuff? Thanks for the help!

#4 trevelyn

trevelyn

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

I got some great shots the other night, and have been working on more of the functionality.. does anyone have a recording of ACTS? i have one but it's not the best. Thanks!

Posted Image

The vol button works great, 0,1,2,0,1,2 etc.. the keypad is nice and small, but completely fine with the DS stylus, the button on the right the "#" was taken of my redb... er.. RadioShack tone dialer, (it's a nickel). the hooksswitch resets everything back to the dialtone, and phone number string back to NULL, the coin release does nothing yet.. any ideas?

The first version was kinda cheesy, you saw a payphone and had to touch the handset to switch screens which then had a sprite for the redbox, that you moved with the stylus to the mouthpiece of the handset being help up, and then you go to the screen similar to the one above, which plays the dialtone instantly.

The dialtone times out, with SIT and IYLTMACPHUATYCA. if you pressed the tone dialer "#" it interrupted the dialtone giving you a nickel. And reset the timer for the timeout of the dialtone. if you had $0.25 you could call out to any number and hear the ringing and such. Only numbers i program in work now, i need to put an else there to.. i guess go to "Hello?"

any suggestions would be great and more recordings plz! :D

#5 trevelyn

trevelyn

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:13 PM

recordings? anyone? pretty pleeeeease?? <3 Here is a high quality video of the application running on my DS in BETA:

http://weaknetlabs.com/code/DS/

:D let me know what you think at least if you can't record the numbers!

#6 trevelyn

trevelyn

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:38 AM

Here is my progress for Saturday:

i need to add milliwatts, 911, 0, sweeptones, ANAC, 5551212, and a few businesses, blueboxing, and goog411. (thanks to Brad Carter from PLA i was able to get the recordings needed) plus i got the perfect Verizon lady from this site:

http://payphone-dire...org/sounds.html

Sorry for replying to myself a bunch, but i don't have permission to edit my posts!

:)

#7 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:05 PM

Here's the only recording I could find of the Livengood NIS. This was made in 2007, before I learned how to get DSL and recording equipment to work together (if you use shitty filters, you'll get a horrible hiss on the recording) so I chose to use a pickup coil instead. As much as I love minidisc, ATRAC compression isn't kind to some of the noise reduction techniques, and if you totally fucked up the recording with loud preamp noise like I did, it makes things a little hard to deal with. 

Here's sort of a compromise with noise reduction and resampling. If you'd like to try your hand at it, it's uncompressed, and I left a section of noise in at the beginning to give you an idea of what's up.

I'm glad I recorded this when I did, though. On some of the other attempts I didn't use, you can hear some nice crosstalk, a washed out trunk that they fixed sometime in late 2007/early 2008, and some funny relay clicking noise when the call isn't suped. If you want, I'll give you one of those instead.

Attached File  907295-oldnis.wav   998.12KB   10 downloads

EDIT: So I was looking over some of Jman's scans of the Pittsburgh area earlier, and even the rest of old Bell Atlantic territory. I can't find any switch that has a different recording. There's slightly different things, like no print-through, or loud switchroom noise, but they all have the same basic recording. If you've got the number to a payphone on one of the switches that gives you a different recording, I'll scan that out for you if you'd like. 

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 31 August 2009 - 06:58 PM.

#8 trevelyn

trevelyn

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

That is awesome! thank you so much! :D

Here is the update for tonight:

20 phone numbers!
hidden phone numbers!
credits!
theme music!
interactive test units and test numbers!
coin return and refund of boxed in nickels!
This is a major update.

Posted Image

0   (operator).
911 (ems).
411 (Directory Assistance (local)).
117 (items "2" and "6" work in menu).
412-885-0075 (test positions number).
480-391-5000 (DATU passcode is "1111").
206-345-0020 (milliwatt test).
412-553-0043 (DTMF mirror test, works).
907-295-8888 (Livengood Sensaphone).
ANY-555-1212 (Directory Assistance).
800-444-4444 (ANAC, displays some Skype number).
431-973-1782 (weird sensaphone wannabe).
419-646-2111 (SensaPhone).
845-354-9912 (really fast SIT and recording).
303-296-0501 (Human Sensaphone).
716-673-9999 (wierd patterned reorder).
207-797-5906 (NYNEX CALL BLOCKING).
317-614-9901 (DMS test).
800-549-6855 (Testing number).
877-334-9644 (Microsoft hotline (funny)).

I put you in the credits and will add more stuff before the actual release. I found a way to record Skype with a program called MP3myMp3 and have recorded a bunch of stuff.

I want to push for 50 numbers for it.. but i am kinda worn out.

Thanks again!

Edited by trevelyn, 31 August 2009 - 07:11 PM.

#9 trevelyn

trevelyn

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

All done, it's all yours! mwuahahaha!!

sike.

http://weaknetlabs.c.../DS/payphoneds/

no, really it's done. - Thanks.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!