• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mangospork

mangospork

0mg h4x

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

So, recently my gentoo install failed after 1 year plus of working off the same install. I sought for an alternative, I started using Debian as a replacement, it's nice. I'm in testing, I installed kdefull via sid (Version 4.3.0), using
apt-get -t sid install kdebase
and everything is cool and all. Though my applications like Iceweasel, Pidgin, and alike are gtk based. In gentoo, and other distros I've used in the past there was a package that had settings, just curious what it was in Debian. I'm questioning moving this into the Noobie board, but what the hell.

Thanks a bunch, maybe I'm just a bad google-ist. :3

#2 livinded

livinded

Dangerous free thinker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

So, recently my gentoo install failed after 1 year plus of working off the same install. I sought for an alternative, I started using Debian as a replacement, it's nice. I'm in testing, I installed kdefull via sid (Version 4.3.0), using

and everything is cool and all. Though my applications like Iceweasel, Pidgin, and alike are gtk based. In gentoo, and other distros I've used in the past there was a package that had settings, just curious what it was in Debian. I'm questioning moving this into the Noobie board, but what the hell.

There are a few packages out there to make gtk apps use qt themes, however most of them have weird graphical issues. They looks alright generally, but sometimes scrollbars will get fucked up or other minor annoyances.

#3 mangospork

mangospork

0mg h4x

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

There are a few packages out there to make gtk apps use qt themes, however most of them have weird graphical issues. They looks alright generally, but sometimes scrollbars will get fucked up or other minor annoyances.

Hmmm, well. I used gtk2-engines-qtcurve and gtk-qt-engine. No improvement. Makes me tear. :wacko:

#4 mangospork

mangospork

0mg h4x

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:10 AM

Hmmm, well. I used gtk2-engines-qtcurve and gtk-qt-engine. No improvement. Makes me tear. :wacko:

Hah! Got it, the first place I should have checked. The gtk settings, I just hadn't activated the packages I downloaded and installed. It was a quick, select, then ctrl+alt+back. And it's all look'n shmexy. Posted Image

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!