• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 bsd-roo

bsd-roo

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

Another one for Amarok, but I have a third gen ipod and it always mess things up every time I connect it to my PC so I use rythmbox for Ipod sync.

#22 rq.lyngvaer

rq.lyngvaer

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:47 AM

mpd (Music Player Daemon) with ncmpcpp.

#23 Berzerk

Berzerk

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

XMMS is my all time favorite. Audacious is quite nice too.

Audacious is my first pick everytime. But I like simple, just play the friggin music players and get annoyed with the do it all players.
Just need the player, equalizer and playlist and I'm good to go.

#24 megabraker

megabraker

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

in lunix use VLC or amarok or maybe implement you own audio player :p

#25 phaedrus

phaedrus

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

mplayer, it pops up in all sorts of odd places. I think they found some of it embedded into dvd player firmware etc. If its good enough to clone like that its good enough for me!
I seriously do type mplayer filename.mp3 to hear something, although when I want a gui I use audacious.
It just so happens that the two already have awesome output modules which build against the JACK toolkits.
You havent lived until you've fed your mp3 collection into audacious then using jack into rakarrak guitar effects studio at 3am on full volume while playing with all the knobs, under the effects of quality alcohol. On a side note, skype through the same effects bank with the alsa legacy plugin is fun to call people with too. My girlfriend said I was immature. Damn she knows me well.

#26 Zee5han

Zee5han

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

I'd say VLC... Killer player... It's got some advanced equalizer effects... Banshee ain't too bad...

<------------->

Cheers,
Zee5han

#27 eldiablo

eldiablo

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

Audacious is my first pick everytime. But I like simple, just play the friggin music players and get annoyed with the do it all players.

There is a newer project called QMMP, which is quite nice. Simple, straight-forward and no fluff.

http://code.google.com/p/qmmp/

#28 Berzerk

Berzerk

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

There is a newer project called QMMP, which is quite nice. Simple, straight-forward and no fluff.

http://code.google.com/p/qmmp/

@eldiablo
Installed it last night after reading your reply. Had most of the dependencies installed already just needed 4 files for the install.
Played several albums with it, I like it. It's default treble bias seems to be a little higher then Audacious and it uses a little more ram and cpu%. I'm on and older box circa 2003 so I have to pay attension to the little things.
Thanks for the tip sir.

#29 sniper606

sniper606

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

VLC for GUI and mpg321 for the terminal.

#30 Chaser

Chaser

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

I also use VLC

#31 eduhat

eduhat

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

I know this thread is old but I haven't seen anyone recommend Goggles Music Manager. Google it and check it out. It's very lightweight and straight to the point. Ever since i've learned about it and started using it; I haven't looked back.

#32 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

I know this thread is old but I haven't seen anyone recommend Goggles Music Manager. Google it and check it out. It's very lightweight and straight to the point. Ever since i've learned about it and started using it; I haven't looked back.

Huh, hadn't heard of this one until now! Looks like it doesn't do anything other than organize and play music, plus there's a prebuilt Arch Linux package. Thanks for the suggestion.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!