• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

basically i want a deb package to do something similar so i can multi task on my servers that dont have enough ram for gui,( i dont feel like spending like $70 to add 256mb of ram to a server i got for $20) http://mulinux.dotsrc.org/lepton.html i couldnt find any pictures on google. but its probably like a 5-6mb ramdisk that has a frame buffer with 4squares at the top navigating with the keyboard to each square and hitting enter would open up that xterm. so basically i want something like that i can install, or some links to places where i could find something like that.

#2 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:34 PM

I'm not sure what you're asking, but it sounds like you might be interested in GNU Screen.

#3 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

something like
Attached File  tmux1.png   3.72KB   8 downloads
so gnu screen is probably what im looking for ill fire up server and see what happens.
yeah screen is good enough.

Edited by dinscurge, 14 July 2009 - 08:00 PM.

#4 The Dixie Flatline

The Dixie Flatline

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

Not that this point really matters, but I'll mention that 256mb ram doesn't cost $70. I'd be surprised if you had to pay more than $10 for it. You can find 2gb for $50

#5 army_of_one

army_of_one

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

basically i want a deb package to do something similar so i can multi task on my servers that dont have enough ram for gui,( i dont feel like spending like $70 to add 256mb of ram to a server i got for $20) http://mulinux.dotsrc.org/lepton.html i couldnt find any pictures on google. but its probably like a 5-6mb ramdisk that has a frame buffer with 4squares at the top navigating with the keyboard to each square and hitting enter would open up that xterm. so basically i want something like that i can install, or some links to places where i could find something like that.

Glad you found what you needed. In an unusual move, I voted this post up because it was actually comprehensible. Consider it a small reward for a small improvement in readability. ;)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!