• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zandi

zandi

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:20 PM

I just compiled and installed kismet 2009, rc2. From my quick test run, everything seems to work just fine, but my wireless adapter appears to be unusable after I exit the program.

I set wlan0 back into managed mode, give it the essid of my wireless network, bring it up, and it appears to properly associate with my AP.
however, I can't get assigned an address by dhcp, the request just times out. I've also tried to manually configure my wireless adapter, but that didn't work (i'll be giving it another try shortly).

any ideas of what could be going wrong? driver issues maybe?

#2 eth0s

eth0s

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:51 AM

Well, if it is actually associating okay then that rules out the radio. Must be a networking issue. Double check netmask and gateway for a static assignment I suppose. I can't understand why it wouldn't work unless it's not actually coming out of monitor mode properly.

#3 Spyril

Spyril

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

A lot of drivers have problems coming out of monitor mode properly. I think Kismet even mentions this when you exit out of it, and it suggests to restart /etc/init.d/networking. Try that, and if it doesn't work, try reloading your wireless module and restarting networking once again. I usually have to do this with my Atheros N card and my Zydass card.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!