• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

Being into modding and controllerism/house dj I like to make my own ways of playing music. I have a drawing pad and I was interested into turning it into an x/y axis pad or "kaos pad" for effects and what not. Using mostly reason 4 and ableton live they don't support HID (human interface data) but they do support midi. Anyone have any intermediary programs they know of that will convert the data?

they idea came from Ean Golden using a guitar hero controller as a sampler to play live.

#2 rainwater_stillicide

rainwater_stillicide

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

a program called MIDI Yoke might be able to help. I used to interface a USB xbox controller with ableton and reason. Don't know if it would work for a graphics tablet though.

#3 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

yeah I have found some that work in a way that you can assign buttons to keystrokes then assign the keystrokes to whatever you want. But in reason 4 you have a virtual xy pad and I wanted to take advantage of that. Thanks tho. I have a friend whos going to toss me a ps3 controller to mess with. I guess traktor is hid compatible and I will be getting that soon enough. I just wanted to figure a way to make my studio just that much more nerdy. I mean im already installing my mpc and keyboard controller in a metal suit case and making a new face plate for it.... just to have everything all in one. at least thats the plan.

#4 Pan

Pan

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

You're entering into an interesting area of play. I've been designing systems for this type of interaction for while. In terms of particular controllers, there are a lot of electronics out there that you can mod to control MIDI/Audio/etc. Find the one that best suite how you want to interact with your computer.

You can see examples of the stuff I've done here. Note that this system runs over a network, so you can control apps remotely.
http://www.sensoryre...duit/news?id=16

As a side-note, my company does sell the gloves used in this video (which work with most modern media apps which accept Open Sound Control Protocol). We sell them for $69, but I'd cut you a deal being a BinRev member.

good luck on your project.

Pan

#5 chicago77

chicago77

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

a program called MIDI Yoke might be able to help. I used to interface a USB xbox controller with ableton and reason. Don't know if it would work for a graphics tablet though.

Does midi yoke work for windows7? I tried to install it and it didn't seem to work. I and trying to get geminis ctrl one hid controller to work with ableton and traktor. =/

Thank you.

#6 Afterm4th

Afterm4th

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

What kind of controller is it? model? make?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!