• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

Twitter and YouTube each have their own usefulness and value, but both of those services also have a majority of users who are narcissistic idiots.

I always laugh whenever I hear a news outlet cite Twitter as a source. I mean, WTF?!? Next they'll be citing YouTube or 4chan.

#22 intimidat0r

intimidat0r

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

When asked for his opinion on the matter, one 4chan user, who wished to remain anonymous, stated "OVER NINE THOUSAND, BUT WHO WAS PHONE?" Back to you, Tom.

#23 Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

"OMGWTFLMAO, indeed. In other news..."

#24 gloomer

gloomer

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

"I see what you did there" most certainly. Back to the weather chick.

#25 Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

I always laugh whenever I hear a news outlet cite Twitter as a source. I mean, WTF?!? Next they'll be citing YouTube or 4chan.

It appears I spoke too soon...

That story started out as a joke in /b/ last Thursday just after the news broke that Michael Jackson died. I was working on a project at the hacker space when the story broke, and one of the guys went immediately to 4chan to gawk at the tastelessness. Some /b/-tard started the Jeff Goldblum rumor and soon there was a slew of Jeff Goldblum death jokes in addition to the ones about Michael Jackson.

We visited Goldblum's Wikipedia page and it had already been edited several times. After about an hour, a warning note appeared at the top of the page indicating Wikipedia admins had temporarily locked the page from further edits due to hoax editing.

I find it dismaying that a lame joke originating on 4chan was actually picked up by MSM outlets and reported as fact. Don't they even bother to fact-check anything? They couldn't make one simple phone call to his management company or something? What an epic fail.

Jeff Goldblum discusses his own untimely death on The Colbert Report.

Edited by Colonel Panic, 01 July 2009 - 10:50 PM.

#26 army_of_one

army_of_one

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

Twitter and YouTube each have their own usefulness and value, but both of those services also have a majority of users who are narcissistic idiots.

Whenever you cite 4chan, the source is always Anonymous. ;)

#27 Freed.Info

Freed.Info

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:25 AM

For some strange reason I want to...bang her. Weird.

She speaks utter nonsense yet somehow tingles my loins. She must somehow, inadvertently, tap into a flaw in my, and if you read the comments on Youtube, apparently many other males' genetic programming so that we want to immediately have sex with her. As Spock would say, "Curious."

#28 pedrotuga

pedrotuga

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

I get a feeling that she's faking this excited attitude just to bring attention. She doesn't look like she knows what to say.

Noone on YouTube who makes webcam videos knows what to say, they just like the idea that potentially millions of people might look at their ugly dumb head. It's a self-sustaining system of delusional idiots, believing that just because some n number of people saw you, you matter or are popular. I am not a psychologist, but twitter, YouTube and all the other websites dedicated to the fact that most people get a headache after they read more than two sentences leech off of peoples' desire to be socially accepted, and the Internet circlejerk communities fill that niche surprisingly well. I can't blame the thirteen-year-olds for hoping that if they show some kind of affection towards a camwhore, she'll show them her tits, but it's frustrating to see most of people thinking that way.

Either way, what is the error your sister gets when she tries to log in?

Indeed.

Anyways, what's the big deal with twitter? Whooooo an RSS feed. I mean, really?

#29 crazyman

crazyman

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

I actually have a gaia account because my girlfriend convinced me to make one but that didnt last but about the log in problems yeah thats their end I'm almost sure. I have had the same problem on some days when the population is over 60000 people online.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!