• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dial Tone

Dial Tone

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

I'm trying to get my eee working as a wireless ap. For reasons I won't get into, madwifi isn't an otption.

I found out I needed at least the 2.6.29 kernel to do this (They added support for it in the kernel... you use mac80211 and hostapd)

I installed fedora core 11's preview release since it has that kernel, and have all the other random things I need to install installed, but when I checked lsmod, I noticed it's using the ath5k driver.

How do I install/enable the ath9k driver?

I googled a bit, and the closest I could find was this: http://forum.thinkpa...php?f=9&t=69217

However, it's a bit out of date. I tried following along, substituting the 2.29 files I downloaded with the ones it mentions, but it asks me to install to directories that don't exist on my Fedora 11 preview's install.

Thanks for the help!

#2 Spyril

Spyril

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

-Download the wireless module tarball from here, extract, cd to the new directory.
-make
-sudo make install
-sudo make unload
-sudo modprobe ath9k

I've had some odd kernel panic issues with the ath9k driver from the tarball, so I've been forced to revert back to Ubuntu's ath9k driver. Maybe they've fixed this issue though; I'll have to try it again.

#3 AlexZ

AlexZ

elite

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:33 AM

Hi guys!:)

With a simple search on google, i've found this site where are some good informations about ath9k linux wireless driver..how i've said there is a simple documentation about these driver and there are your driver too!!:)

Have Fun! :P
Here!

Edited by AlexZ, 31 May 2009 - 04:33 AM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!