• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Elimist

Elimist

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 11:32 AM

Not totally sure I'm posting this in the right forum; feel free to move it, admins, if you t hink it's in the wrong place.

Now that I got my slackware box back up and running, I've got HD space to burn. Its on a decent cable broadband connection...that's why I'm offering free shell accounts. It's entirely good ol' SSH, you basically get 1 GB quota on HD space, a folder on my apache server (NOTE THAT UNLESS YOU ASK ME SPECIFICALLY, I WILL NOT be a large webhost. Webserver folder is for your convenience, not to serve big pages. You're free to do whatever you want with your 1 GB of HD space.

I'm getting things set up soon and just thought I'd post; send me a PM if you're interested.

<Edit> Minor Spelling Corrections </Edit>
<Edit> Also, no bandwidth consuming Daemons, Servers, Processes, etc </Edit>

Edited by Elimist, 02 January 2004 - 11:34 AM.

#2 813_Error

813_Error

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:44 PM

OK well I sorta talked to you about this on IRC but what the hell might as well make it offical. I would like to have my site hosted through you. I dont mind the long link. It will probably stay under 100mb so just split my 1GB up(if you will host it). Thats all I really need/want.

I got the password for my site back but I still dont have FTP access, so I'm giving up on them...

ERROR!

#3 1337

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:33 PM

I'm interested. Send me a PM w/ more info.

#4 Elimist

Elimist

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:36 PM

Okay, people. I'm ready to create some accounts. When your ready, e-mail me the SSH username and password you would like and within 24 hours I should get a reply back to you with actual username/password and the IP to connect.

Preliminary rules:
-DISK QUOTAS ARE NOT SET UP YET! If I notice some dumbass using up much more than 1GB I will REMOVE YOUR ACCOUNT. For people that go slightly over, its fine; but remember that you will be given a Warning by the quota system once I get it set up and if you don't act on it soon after, some of your files WILL get fucked up!
- Bandwidth meters are not in place yet. Bandwidth meters don't mean much (no real limits, I mean) but if someone decides to set up something that eats my bandwidth and effects other users use of this service, your process will eventually be ended, the actual software possibly removed from your storage space, and you will be contacted.
- Quota requires an inode soft and hard limit. Once I get quota set up and you go over this, don't worry. Just let me know (e-mail) and I'll add a higher quota for you. Inodes aren't a problem.
<Edit> - Apache system isn't up yet either. Will be within a week

Note for that the benefit of everyone here, your activity will not be in any way logged (other than for me to stop dumbass abuse and for me to maintain thnings)

Edited by Elimist, 02 January 2004 - 03:45 PM.

#5 Majestic

Majestic

• Banned
  • 456 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 04:03 PM

ERROR!

ohh I am hurt, no link for Datu Today ...

http://www.datutoday.tk

is on your site!

Ohh the pain .. the pain!

#6 Surye

Surye

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:18 PM

Preliminary rules:
-DISK QUOTAS ARE NOT SET UP YET! If I notice some dumbass using up much more than 1GB I will REMOVE YOUR ACCOUNT. For people that go slightly over, its fine; but remember that you will be given a Warning by the quota system once I get it set up and if you don't act on it soon after, some of your files WILL get fucked up!
[...]
- Quota requires an inode soft and hard limit. Once I get quota set up and you go over this, don't worry. Just let me know (e-mail) and I'll add a higher quota for you. Inodes aren't a problem.
[...]

1) If you need help setting up quota's just ask me, I've done it a thousand times.

2) Set the inode limits to 0 if you don't care about file count. Then problem solved ^_^

#7 Majestic

Majestic

• Banned
  • 456 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:41 PM

1GB

This should be Plenty, I plan on uploading, downloading, burning, erasing ... Over and Over again! Need a Web Based SSH Client .. Anyone have one I could use?

#8 Surye

Surye

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:47 PM

Need a Web Based SSH Client .. Anyone have one I could use?

Actually, yes, hopefully by the end of the weekend...thought I have Datamachine sign-ups, CCDB, and tons of homework to do before then x_x I'll try

#9 Majestic

Majestic

• Banned
  • 456 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:51 PM

Coolness ... In the wake of other evil hackers all these computers are on lockdown .. I can only play webbased .. fucking suckZ, but ohh well I deal!~ :grr:

#10 Against Me!

Against Me!

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:43 PM

Like I said on the conf, i'm up for one.

I think I can find something to do with a gig.

btw error: check out scp, it's basically file transfer through an ssh server. I use it a lot when transfering file from my downstairs windows computer to my linux box (using VNC of course, being lazy is fun)

Edited by Against Me!, 05 January 2004 - 06:52 PM.

#11 1337

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 07:01 PM

What e-mail did you want me to send it to? I sent it to the hotmail one listed on CCCPR a few days ago.....

#12 Majestic

Majestic

• Banned
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:47 PM

Use FTP!!!

#13 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:57 PM

Use FTP!!!

Nah, scp is leet. It encrypts both the login and the data so no one can sniff your passwords.

#14 Majestic

Majestic

• Banned
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 06:02 PM

Yeah but .. Ohh Fuck it man You win, you know I can't compete with a programer link you ... damn .. Cries ... Yeah Right .. Cries .. LOL Never!

#15 screamer

screamer

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:12 PM

*tackles Majestic*

What's the name of that song!!! The operator with the pocket calculator song!!! Been trying to figure that out for the longest time....

#16 Surye

Surye

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:22 PM

Majestic, ntheory, no need to argue. sftp :D

#17 end user

end user

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:45 PM

Pocket Calculator is ooold school Kraftwerk.
came out in '81 on EMI.. But I think Money Hungry Astral Works just re-released a best of or somthing like that.

#18 neuro

neuro

biggest post whore in history

• Members
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 10:58 PM

But I think Money Hungry Astral Works just re-released a best of or somthing like that.

which everyone should download, an NOT pay for.

#19 Zeigenfus

Zeigenfus

Sick in the head

• Banned
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:31 AM

Why the heck do you need a web based ssh client? Putty will fit on a 5 1/2 inch floppy and has been ported to just about every single os out there.

#20 darkraider

darkraider

Sean who? I'M THE FUCKING MAN!!!

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 01:57 AM

i want a account

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!