• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 orion1

orion1

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

Has anyone tried out one of those cell phone jammers advertised in places, like say, 2600? Do the ones you've used work pretty well? Any idea on the range?

#2 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

I bought one from a Hong Kong company called Deal Extreme:

http://www.dealextre...ils.dx/sku.4355

It works rather well considering it's low cost (now under $30 USD).

The original version I have was designed to work in Europe & Asia, but can be tuned to work on North American frequencies.

Overall it's not bad. Just charge it, put it in your pocket, and go to your local Wal-Mart. Turn it on and walk up to people with a cell phone next to their head... instantly dead phone! :lol:

#3 t3st.s3t

t3st.s3t

rekcah-rebÜ

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

What is the range of the personal model?

#4 orion1

orion1

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:10 AM

Do you think there is any danger from RF radiation since it must be at transmitter device?

Orion

#5 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

What is the range of the personal model?

Depends on the conditions. If you're in a strong cell signal area, not very far. But if the cell signal is weak, you can possibly get 20 feet out of it. It's a nice "cone of silence" around you. Great for people who are standing in line in front of you or behind you and yapping about some useless bull crap that you can't wait to silence :lol:

Edited by dmine45, 17 May 2009 - 03:27 PM.

#6 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Do you think there is any danger from RF radiation since it must be at transmitter device?

Technically yes, but it's probably about as strong as a cell phone, just a wider range of frequencies.

#7 chaostic

chaostic

rekcah-rebÜ

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

Orion

Chance of RF radiation = 100%. Unless you break the damn thing. Radio Waves = Radiation.

#8 SUB-S0NIX

SUB-S0NIX

!Pee-Wee Pimpin!

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

I bought one from a Hong Kong company called Deal Extreme:

http://www.dealextre...ils.dx/sku.4355

It works rather well considering it's low cost (now under $30 USD).

The original version I have was designed to work in Europe & Asia, but can be tuned to work on North American frequencies.

Overall it's not bad. Just charge it, put it in your pocket, and go to your local Wal-Mart. Turn it on and walk up to people with a cell phone next to their head... instantly dead phone! :lol:

I did see that jammer a while back. Can you give some details on how to go about tuning the device? It would be interesting to see if one can mod the device or power supply to get more range. Also have you tried using a Cantenna or some kind of directional antenna with the device?

Orion

Chance of RF radiation = 100%. Unless you break the damn thing. Radio Waves = Radiation.

Unfortunately there is a shit load of eletropollution. We wont really know the side effects of it all until people really start dying of cancer. If I remember correctly 2.4 Ghz is suppose to be some kind of vibration frequency for water? I don't remember the physic term.

#9 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

I've played with one. As it was it would knock out my Nextel phone super easy. The others it wouldn't do squat for.
When opening it up, be careful about that push button. Hold it in, like I didn't, while opening it, or it will break into pieces. :(
That reminds me, I gotta get a new switch and try tuning it. Inside there are three adjustments that I could see. I did find an article on tuning them.. Although the one I was looking at looks the same from the outside but doesn't have the 6 pots mentioned... The tuning method is probably close enough to work.

#10 kelly sss

kelly sss

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:03 AM

Has anyone tried out one of those cell phone jammers advertised in places, like say, 2600? Do the ones you've used work pretty well? Any idea on the range?

Posted Image
Portable cell phone blocker can easily jam the cell phone signals immediate surround in a specific spectrum.The jammers of current market are all about 10-40m's action range which is exactly jam the annoyed noise but not influence public safe.
I think you may purchase one from the online shop,allegedly as cheap as $50 below.

#11 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:47 AM

Posted Image
Portable cell phone blocker can easily jam the cell phone signals immediate surround in a specific spectrum.The jammers of current market are all about 10-40m's action range which is exactly jam the annoyed noise but not influence public safe.
I think you may purchase one from the online shop,allegedly as cheap as $50 below.

Yeah... the one I was playing with would only knock out a Nextel phone.. But it doesn't take much to knock out a Nextel anyways. Singular and Sprint it wouldn't bother unless you were less then an inch away. Did read up that they had to be tuned for US frequencies though.. and that doesn't look too difficult if you have a frequency meter.. I broke the power button of mine when opening it.. If you get that one pictured.. hold that button in before sliding the guts out of the case.

I heard some chatter that one was demonstrated at Defcon.. That model was a hundred or so bucks.. and it did work. I've no idea if it was tuned by it's owner though.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!