• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aghaster

Aghaster

The Frenchman

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

I recently got a new LG KEYBO from Telus. So far I really like it, 50$ on a 2 year contract, and the keyboard really is something :)

Anyway, I started reading howardforums to learn more about cellphone hacking, and started trying stuff. I went back to an older 2600 issue that had an article on Hacking CDMA PRLs. The article explains how PRLs (Preferred Roaming Lists) work, but doesn't give details on what software to use in order to edit a PRL. I used bitpim to access the file system on my LG KEYBO, and was able to find the file in which the PRL is stored. Now, I need a PRL editor. I tried googling, but couldn't find something that works with Linux. Is there a PRL editor for Linux, and if there is none, which PRL editor should I try? Thanks

#2 kkirby

kkirby

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

I recently got a new LG KEYBO from Telus. So far I really like it, 50$ on a 2 year contract, and the keyboard really is something :)

Anyway, I started reading howardforums to learn more about cellphone hacking, and started trying stuff. I went back to an older 2600 issue that had an article on Hacking CDMA PRLs. The article explains how PRLs (Preferred Roaming Lists) work, but doesn't give details on what software to use in order to edit a PRL. I used bitpim to access the file system on my LG KEYBO, and was able to find the file in which the PRL is stored. Now, I need a PRL editor. I tried googling, but couldn't find something that works with Linux. Is there a PRL editor for Linux, and if there is none, which PRL editor should I try? Thanks

:roll: no linux support.

RL editor works.

#3 dragon:ONE

dragon:ONE

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

Well, not Linux per-se, but I'd say running the Qualcomm Product Service Tools (QPST) in Wine would do the trick quite nicely.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!