• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

trying to figure out how to auto boot with the silo boot loader that is burned into the bios. i remeber seeing soething about a autoboot value where i should just have to put it as
autoboot = true
i didnt find anything of any real help on google. its running debian 500 if that helps any, not sure which specific version of silo/bios. would like to not have to hook up lom everytime i want to turn it on/off.
edit: also i need to edit silo.conf if it auto boots from silo as i didnt install debian on disk0 i di disk1 as it was a 15krpm instead of a 10krpm

Edited by dinscurge, 09 April 2009 - 09:29 AM.

#2 dinscurge

dinscurge

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

nevermind i got it working lols, it was
setenv boot-device disk1
and
setenv auto-boot? true
hmm now ssh doesnt work, probably something with me not logging into debian?

Edited by dinscurge, 09 April 2009 - 10:55 AM.

#3 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

SSH not working is a Debian issue, make sure you have the OpenBSD SSH daemon installed and configured.

#4 dinscurge

dinscurge

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

SSH not working is a Debian issue, make sure you have the OpenBSD SSH daemon installed and configured.

i probably dont have it installed i did a apt-get install ssh i have it working if i login with lom,
im guessing its configured wrong then, probably a typo but wheres the ssh conf? i thought it was "/etc/ssh/ssh_conf" ?
lols forget the "ig". didnt see anything that would let me start ssh at poweron. got it working but now molly guard wont let me powerit off through ssh

Edited by dinscurge, 09 April 2009 - 02:35 PM.

#5 mecca_

mecca_

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:02 AM

im guessing its configured wrong then, probably a typo but wheres the ssh conf? i thought it was "/etc/ssh/ssh_conf" ?

The SSH daemon config is /etc/ssh/sshd_config by default. /etc/ssh/ssh_config is the ssh client configuration.

lols forget the "ig". didnt see anything that would let me start ssh at poweron. got it working but now molly guard wont let me powerit off through ssh

Mollyguard will let you power off a machine, you usually just have the enter the hostname of the machine you're trying to shutdown/reboot...

mecca@genome:~$ sudo shutdown
W: molly-guard: SSH session detected!
Please type in hostname of the machine to shutdown:

Edited by mecca_, 30 May 2009 - 01:02 AM.

#6 invalid_route

invalid_route

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:19 PM

you've probably already fixed this by now but the problem is when you apt-get install ssh you only get the client stuff...you have to do apt-get install sshd (or maybe it's openssh-server or something similar, been a while). Once that's installed it just works out of the box.

#7 dinscurge

dinscurge

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

The SSH daemon config is /etc/ssh/sshd_config by default. /etc/ssh/ssh_config is the ssh client configuration.

Mollyguard will let you power off a machine, you usually just have the enter the hostname of the machine you're trying to shutdown/reboot...

mecca@genome:~$ sudo shutdown
Please type in hostname of the machine to shutdown:

hmm usually when i try to shut it off it says something like
:~$ halt
Please type in hostname of the machine to shutdown: %%%%
good thing i asked i'm not goind to shut down %%%%

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!