• Please log in to reply
1253 replies to this topic

#1041 PhreakerD7

PhreakerD7

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

Is it possible that some enhanced 911 #'s have an ss7 field for dnis or something along those lines that forwards the 'backdoor' to an intercept like this when it is dialed directly? If that was the case, a recording like this would make sense.

Does 911 require a 'real' phone number (and so therefore all 911 centers have a backdoor)? I thought I remembered reading this somewhere but I don't know the mechanics behind it.

Hmm... I would think so. I remember one time we called 911 to report an accident or something (was a long time ago, can't remember the exact reason) but we were just far enough out that they were like 'here, call this number instead, its the 911 district nearest to your location, they'll handle it' Gave us a 10-digit number that was a direct line to a 911 in the other area.

#1042 BillyBaxter

BillyBaxter

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:30 AM

Here's another weird number 215-972-0133

#1043 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:11 PM

Is it possible that some enhanced 911 #'s have an ss7 field for dnis or something along those lines that forwards the 'backdoor' to an intercept like this when it is dialed directly? If that was the case, a recording like this would make sense.

Does 911 require a 'real' phone number (and so therefore all 911 centers have a backdoor)? I thought I remembered reading this somewhere but I don't know the mechanics behind it.

Yes 911 just forward to another number.. They area called 'Public Safety Answering Point'.

#1044 spoof521

spoof521

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:13 PM

1-845-354-9912

Intercept operator on speed!

(makes the 120 IPM reorder afterwards super slow in comparison. It should be 240 IPM just to match!)

:lol: :D

I tried a few other numbers around this one since 99xx seem to be popular parking spots for interesting recordings. Here's one:

845-354-9923

Very, very weird.

#1045 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

206-279-8459 - SSTV on a laser box! Yup, it's possible. Decode it if you'd like, it's using the AVT-90 protocol. If you feel like putting your own on there, the passcode is a rather predictable four digits.

#1046 JmanA9

JmanA9

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

716-673-9999 Strange beeping pattern, it's the tone of a reorder/busy signal.

#1047 totallyAunti

totallyAunti

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

1-845-354-9912

Intercept operator on speed!

(makes the 120 IPM reorder afterwards super slow in comparison. It should be 240 IPM just to match!)

:lol: :D

I tried a few other numbers around this one since 99xx seem to be popular parking spots for interesting recordings. Here's one:

845-354-9923

Very, very weird.

I agree. Very weird.

After several calls to it I still can't understand what the man said who interrupts it. Dunno, but would like to.

#1048 totallyAunti

totallyAunti

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

716-673-9999 Strange beeping pattern, it's the tone of a reorder/busy signal.

Swell :D

I made a note of it.

But I think it's a broken one. But I won't tell anyone, I like it broken. :P

But get this interesting fact :

-After 2 minutes and 6 seconds, it changed to a regular sounding busy signal which lasted 35 seconds and then hung up. This was when I called via a cell phone on Verizon. On the 2nd call, the regular busy signal lasted 37 seconds. I didn't hold on the line any longer and hung up, unlike what I did in the next test (see below).

-When calling via Qwest landline, got this result : It kept doing the broken sounding one for about 50 seconds, then would pause like 3 seconds and restart - did this pattern about 6 times, then pause again but this time began ringing - this lasted about 1 minute and then a busy signal came on (a regular sounding one)- this busy signal was only about 20 seconds long then stopped and then I got dead silence. After 3 minutes and 9 seonds of silence, heard a click but it was still silence afterwards. At 4 minutes of dead silence I had to go to bed so I hung up. Makes me wonder what would happen if I kept holding on for a few hours...hmmmm.

So, it has more than just a "Strange beeping pattern, it's the tone of a reorder/busy signal".

Edited by totallyAunti, 29 July 2009 - 11:49 PM.

#1049 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:35 AM

Makes me wonder what would happen if I kept holding on for a few hours...hmmmm.

Probably not. You have Qwest Long Distance, don't you? they reroute three different times to a lot of areas. That's just the thing, though; if a call fails the first time, it'll reroute to a second carrier, and so on until it sends something back to your switch or the first long distance tandem in the link saying uhh, yeah, no, something isn't right. You'll get different results depending on the area - some carriers use different people to terminate to the areas if they don't have direct links. The big carriers with their own nationwide long distance networks like AT&T, MCI and Sprint use strictly their own networks, though.

Give this number a try on different carriers - same deal, but an SS7 message causing a reroute happens a lot faster; 202-484-0000

#1050 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

Here's a bunch of ANACs I found. Use them for all your nefarious, evil deeds

618-939-1241 - Reads last seven digits of CPN, doesn't supervise. Innovative Systems
503-266-1021 - Reads last seven digits of CPN, supervises. Innovative Systems
702-535-9999 - Reads last seven digits of charge #, doesn't supervise. Innovative Systems
325-235-0516 - Reads last seven digits of CPN, doesn't supervise. Cognitronics
541-584-0021 - Reads last seven digits of charge #, doesn't supervise. Cognitronics AIS
608-884-1206 - Reads last seven digits of CPN, supervises. Cognitronics
867-873-0000 - Reads last seven digits of CPN, supervises. Vintage Cognitronics

#1051 sToRm

sToRm

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

'Oy there. Can anyone recognize what this number is? It picks up after about 10 or so rings.

1-909-390-0048

Recording: http://gonullyoursel...09-390-0048.wav

#1052 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

I found a very odd number.

Recording is attached. Its like a siren tone, here is a desciption of the sound:

the following is repeated 10 times: 620hz for 240ms, then 30ms silence, then 430hz at -2db in relation to previous tone for 240ms, then 30ms silence

after that there is a Click (and small LC ringdown) then 200ms silence and then another click (and small LC ringdown), then the whole thing repeats again

I sat on it a couple minutes listening, and it never did anything else. I'm not gonna give out the number until I know a little bit more about it, but I'll say that its in the 99xx zone on a verizon exchange marked UA.

Any ideas?

Edit: I figured out it must not be anything very sensitive because it doesn't respond to DTMF, so here is the number: 301-999-9999
Turns out that there are lots of numbers in the 999 exchange that respond this way, while some such as 9900 go to a normal NIS message. I know these are based out of the hagerstown maryland CO, and being in the same LATA but a different CO and attempting to dial one on a pots line causes a normal NIS message when attempting to call a number that is usually the odd siren tone.

So WTF is this?Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by Skunkworks, 03 October 2009 - 12:48 PM.

#1053 dmine45

dmine45

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:31 AM

the following is repeated 10 times: 620hz for 240ms, then 30ms silence, then 430hz at -2db in relation to previous tone for 240ms, then 30ms silence

after that there is a Click (and small LC ringdown) then 200ms silence and then another click (and small LC ringdown), then the whole thing repeats again

Edit: I figured out it must not be anything very sensitive because it doesn't respond to DTMF, so here is the number: 301-999-9999
Turns out that there are lots of numbers in the 999 exchange that respond this way, while some such as 9900 go to a normal NIS message. I know these are based out of the hagerstown maryland CO, and being in the same LATA but a different CO and attempting to dial one on a pots line causes a normal NIS message when attempting to call a number that is usually the odd siren tone.

From what I can recall, this sounds like a "reorder" tone from a PBX (don't know what make or model). It's been a number of years since I've heard this myself. I wonder if the click is the system trying to reset the trunk but fails? But it is odd being on a regular Verizon POTS NXX code.

Hmm.. looked up the CLLI code for 301-999 (HGTWMDCACM8). Strange CLLI. Documentation I have says it's a generic "digital switch". But that sort of CLLI code ending reminds me of a cellular MTSO (mobile telephone switching office). Very odd. But thanks for the find. :)

#1054 chronomex

chronomex

mad 1337

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:14 PM

301-999-9999

From what I can recall, this sounds like a "reorder" tone from a PBX (don't know what make or model). It's been a number of years since I've heard this myself. I wonder if the click is the system trying to reset the trunk but fails? But it is odd being on a regular Verizon POTS NXX code.

That's what I call a "warble" tone. My school has it, sometimes it appears on lines dialled externally. We have about six 10k blocks worth of numbers arranged for Centrex operation, so it's possible to get such a tone from outside without seeming to dial inward. Usually, however, trouble conditions result in some sort of SS7 disconnect, so it's unusual to get a warble/reorder tone externally. We also don't have analog trunking, so you wouldn't get the failed-disconnect clicks like you're hearing here.

#1055 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

My guess is it belongs to a company with a T1 terminating into a PBX - lots of Lucent/AT&T/Avaya PBXes make that tone, but it sounds slightly different - all the PBXes I've heard making that tone don't have that burst of silence in between the two bursts. Judging by the relay click, maybe it's an older model, or as chronomex said, some kind of analog trunking arrangement.  I know other kinds of PBXes can make that noise too, most notably Redcom and Hitatchi.

#1056 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

My guess is it belongs to a company with a T1 terminating into a PBX - lots of Lucent/AT&T/Avaya PBXes make that tone, but it sounds slightly different - all the PBXes I've heard making that tone don't have that burst of silence in between the two bursts. Judging by the relay click, maybe it's an older model, or as chronomex said, some kind of analog trunking arrangement. I know other kinds of PBXes can make that noise too, most notably Redcom and Hitatchi.

Well it would make sense that its a PBX, but its sure as heck not owned by any outside companies, because the exchange is unassigned! Could Verizon have a PBX on there for some odd reason or is it somethine else?

Heres the info on the exchange at bellsmind and telcodata:
http://bellsmind.net...NPA=301&NXX=999
http://www.telcodata...01&exchange=999

And I still find it really odd that when I try to call it up with my verizon POTS line, which is in 301, but a different CO, it goes to a normal intercept recording, where as I get the odd warble/siren tone when I call it any other way.

Edited by Skunkworks, 18 October 2009 - 07:16 PM.

#1057 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:50 PM

hmm, I think the unassignable mark is a mistake, telcodata seems to think it's really assigned. Anyway, 9901 and quite a few other nunmbers there goes to a paging system intercept. Judging by the sound of the relay click at the end, this could be the same thing we're dealing with now. Doesn't explain why it's taking up the whole exchange, though.

And I still find it really odd that when I try to call it up with my verizon POTS line, which is in 301, but a different CO, it goes to a normal intercept recording, where as I get the odd warble/siren tone when I call it any other way.

If you were dialing randomly, could it be you were hitting the paging NIS on accident?

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 18 October 2009 - 09:54 PM.

#1058 Skunkworks

Skunkworks

mad 1337

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:37 AM

hmm, I think the unassignable mark is a mistake, telcodata seems to think it's really assigned. Anyway, 9901 and quite a few other nunmbers there goes to a paging system intercept. Judging by the sound of the relay click at the end, this could be the same thing we're dealing with now. Doesn't explain why it's taking up the whole exchange, though.

If you were dialing randomly, could it be you were hitting the paging NIS on accident?

Nope, just tried again and got "call cannot be completed as dialed" from the verizon POTS and the warble/siren with google voice dialing 999-9999.

Now the really odd part is I went and decoded the SIT before "call cannot be completed as dialed", and its the VC SIT, not the IC SIT! Meaning "Unassigned N11 code, CLASS code or prefix" aka "long short long, high low low."

So at least as far as verizon is concerned, this is an unassigned exchange.

This is weird Posted Image

#1059 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

Maybe it's just in-LATA toll? I just tried making the call from a switch in DC which should be part of the same local calling area, and got a reorder.

EDIT: I take that back, are you in the Hagerstown LATA?

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 03 November 2009 - 06:24 PM.

#1060 totallyAunti

totallyAunti

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:52 AM

'Oy there. Can anyone recognize what this number is? It picks up after about 10 or so rings.

1-909-390-0048

Recording: http://gonullyoursel...09-390-0048.wav

I just called it. It rang for about 4 minutes, went to a busy signal for a short time then went silent.

Good thing you saved the .wav file.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!