• Please log in to reply
1257 replies to this topic

#661 yourface

yourface

Gibson Hacker

• Banned
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:56 PM

That seems to be the Las Vegas Police band radio scanner.
You cant pass voice or anything. And its safe to call.
Its crazy, I was listening a minute ago and they was trying to catch a lambo going over 100 mph.
and then some other guy caught his wife on fire.
heh
too much too much

#662 nwbell

nwbell

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:48 PM

320-986-9999

Although the first one doesn't let you hear the MFs, you can hear crosstalk from calls being MFed into it afterwards.

Woah... that one's in my neck of the woods! And yes, I can definately hear MF dialing taking place in the crosstalk (once quite clearly).

The switch belongs to a Runestone Phone Co-op in Hoffman, Minnesota, about 150 miles west of me. Too bad it's not closer or I'd go scope it out, and maybe even get a tour :)

#663 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, that'd be pretty cool :) . I believe the switching system, like all the switches that seem to have an AIS system with this voice, curiously enough, is a Stromberg Carlson DCO.

#664 invision620

invision620

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:11 PM

bahh, anyone have an 800 that you can force to hang up on you?

#665 signull

signull

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:15 PM

800-515-1241 ?

#666 invision620

invision620

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:34 AM

800-515-1241 ?

what is that? but i meant more like..."press pound to disconnect" there usd to be a number that i had that did that"

#667 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:38 AM

Here's an awesome sounding PBX. Before you get connected, you'll get to hear the sound of a 1AESS picking up the call, putting on a ring and transfering you. After a couple of PBX rings, it goes to a fax.

214-941-1799

#668 Austin Miller

Austin Miller

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:01 AM

ThoughtPhreaker, great number. I've always wanted to hear one of these.

By the way, every time I call a number in that exchange, I hear a loud click before the call actually goes through.

#669 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:02 AM

Press pound to disconnect? Which one is it? Press or pound? I can't press pound! Pound is an action! It's a concept! I CANT PRESS A CONCEPT AIIIEEEEEEE

#670 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:29 AM

ThoughtPhreaker, great number. I've always wanted to hear one of these.

By the way, every time I call a number in that exchange, I hear a loud click before the call actually goes through.

The click of the relays is standard for calls going to a 1A :) . If you'd like to hear more numbers going through like that, I scanned another 1AESS office back in early July.

#671 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:34 PM

217-234-6890

This is a ITT Kellogg SxS office being deliberately preserved by it's owner. Although the office that serves the town is a DMS-100, there are public telephones, as described here available that are directly connected to the step. The great thing about this is you get to manually dial into it from the dialtone, no lag from VOIP, and the dial-pulse converters cut back in time to let you hear all the cut-in noises. I don't know about the rest of you, but this really sends quite a few chills down my back.

#672 invision620

invision620

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:05 PM

no effing way. an SxS. you have the best numbers EVER man. someone(strom) needs to get recordings of that.

#673 JmanA9

JmanA9

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:36 PM

217-234-6890

This is a ITT Kellogg SxS office being deliberately preserved by it's owner. Although the office that serves the town is a DMS-100, there are public telephones, as described here available that are directly connected to the step. The great thing about this is you get to manually dial into it from the dialtone, no lag from VOIP, and the dial-pulse converters cut back in time to let you hear all the cut-in noises. I don't know about the rest of you, but this really sends quite a few chills down my back.

The first two or three times I called it, I got a busy from the step. At least I know what to expect the dial tone to sound like :) Now, I'm getting a regular busy from the DMS. I'll keep trying to get through.

#674 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:07 PM

no effing way. an SxS. you have the best numbers EVER man. someone(strom) needs to get recordings of that.

Thanks, man. It's good to know people value the numbers I throw out here :) .

While dialing through a bunch of independent telephone companies in Wisconsin, I encountered a very, if not extremely ancient AIS system, most likely made by Cognitronics. Not only is it restricted only to MF, it can handle only one call at a time. Unfortunately, you don't always get to hear the MFs. I was lucky enough to hear them on my first call to it, which was what primarily caught my attention to the system. If you compare the sound of the AIS system to the sound of the number readback machine in Evan Doorbell's The Sound of Long Distance part one, you may notice they sound almost identical.

EDIT: Silly me, forgot the number. 715-696-4567

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker, 16 August 2006 - 11:46 AM.

#675 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:27 PM

Here are two more AIS systems, both of which take MF. Is anybody getting tired of these yet? :P

618-898-2368 - Similar to the one in 320-986.
540-363-2368 - Another variety of AIS system! This one sounds like a combination of awesome and bite-your-ear-off-through-the-phone. Interesting text, nonetheless.

#676 JmanA9

JmanA9

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:27 PM

Here are two more AIS systems, both of which take MF. Is anybody getting tired of these yet? :P

618-898-2368 - Similar to the one in 320-986.
540-363-2368 - Another variety of AIS system! This one sounds like a combination of awesome and bite-your-ear-off-through-the-phone. Interesting text, nonetheless.

I really like the numbers you find, keep them coming. We should get a running list of all the old AIS systems that are still in use. I never thought there were this many still in existance. Too bad we can't reset the trunk to the AIS :(

#677 invision620

invision620

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:39 PM

you sir, rock.

#678 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:34 PM

Apologies for the long description; I just felt it was necessary to give a detailed explanation ;) .

770-836-1980 -- This is indeed a strange number. After the number is dialed, there will be three moderately loud ticks. Since this number is served by a 1AESS, the first tick is obviously from the switch placing you onto the call, and the second one is from the relay that controls supervision allowing the call to supervise. The third one, however, is a mystery to me. Nevertheless, the number will begin ringing. Although, it is a typical, generic sounding ring, it's at a very low volume. After a few rings, a recording will pick up and tell you that you that it's not necessary to dial one first. Like the ring, it's at a very low volume level. At this point, one of two things will happen:

1. The recording will stop after playing only once, and then silence. Afterwards, you're transfered to the receiver-off-hook recording, and then an off-hook tone. If you prefer to damage your ears, the tone will stay on for a while, and like any piece of modern switching equipment, it will just go to the permanent signal. After a good amount of silence, something will superimpose four beeps of what I believe to be 2200 hz over the connection and hang up the line.

2. The recording will repeat for a good amount of time, until the thing described beforehand will superimpose the four beeps over the recording and hang up the line.

My guess as to why this happens is that something is picking up another line served by the 1A and dialing out into it. This probably used to lead to something that was only reachable locally, such as a supervision test before calls couldn't be completed dialing one first, or until somebody reprogrammed the contraption that picks up the line itself improperly and never bothered to test it. Even in it's current strange condition, it lets you hear some noises from the switch you'd never hear unless you were dialing locally on it, such as the transfer to the offhook recording.

435-234-0000 - It's strange how you see a good amount of shock sites, but you never seem to find any shock telephone numbers, and well...I'll just leave it at that.

#679 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:15 PM

hee

435-234+XXXX

where "X" is a repeating pattern such as "1111", "2222", "3333", etc, is sure to bring good results.

#680 Saint Peter

Saint Peter

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:25 PM

That seems to be the Las Vegas Police band radio scanner.
You cant pass voice or anything. And its safe to call.
Its crazy, I was listening a minute ago and they was trying to catch a lambo going over 100 mph.
and then some other guy caught his wife on fire.
heh
too much too much

CBCAD :(

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!