8 replies to this topic

#1 Dee_Morgan

Dee_Morgan

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

Hello to you all,

I'm having a problem finding wireless keyloggers that are also for USB keyboards.

I've searched Google.com down to the very last page, surveying every link but to no avail.

The company WirelessKeylogger.com have precisely the kind of keylogger I want, but the problem is that their wireless keyloggers are solely for PS/2 keyboards.

To be specific I require USB Bluetooth wireless keylogger modules, I want to attach them to the keyboard controller circuits myself to avoid the possibility of physical discovery, so wireless USB thumb drive keyloggers are a no-no.

I'd love to roll my own, but sadly (beyond attaching the keylogger module to a keyboard controller) my skill at electronic work is non-existant.
And in any case, I need several of them which won't suddenly break down on me, not just a single prototype.

All ideas welcome! :)

#2 Irongeek

Irongeek

Dangerous free thinker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

I though http://www.keelog.com had one, but I can't seem to find it. You could take apart their USB one and soder it inside the keyboard.

This company also makes some internals, but they are PCI boards:
http://www.keycarbon.com

#3 Irongeek

Irongeek

Dangerous free thinker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

Wait, I just reread, and you said wireless. Sorry, WirelessKeylogger.com is about it, and truth be told it's not worth it.

#4 Dee_Morgan

Dee_Morgan

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

Wait, I just reread, and you said wireless. Sorry, WirelessKeylogger.com is about it, and truth be told it's not worth it.

Yes, it does look quite expensive.

Have you any idea why it's taking the keylogger companies so long to get shot of their PS/2 products and bring in the USB ones?

I mean seriously, I've rang a few companies and some of them didn't even do USB, WirelessKeylogger.com included. What on
earth is so especially difficult about USB? How long has USB been around? Twelve years?! I thought this was the fast-moving technology industry! :-|

I don't know anybody with a PS/2 keyboard anymore, so I think it's a bit strange. To be honest I was a little taken aback to even see PS/2 on the websites, as if it was their main product or something. Do you all have PS/2 keyboards in the US? ;-)

So you're telling me USB wireless keyloggers don't exist? That's a pity, I mean, that makes keyloggers exceptionally effective, being able to install once with an almost undectable tool and then monitor its progress remotely.

#5 Enmaku

Enmaku

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

1. Purchase PS2 keylogger of your choice
2. Purchase USB to PS2 converter (someone correct me if this doesn't work)
3. Profit

#6 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

I mean seriously, I've rang a few companies and some of them didn't even do USB, WirelessKeylogger.com included. What on
earth is so especially difficult about USB? How long has USB been around? Twelve years?! I thought this was the fast-moving technology industry! :-|

PS/2 is an extremely simple protocol. Interfacing with it takes very little program space (on a microcontroller) or die space (on an ASIC). USB, on the other hand, is a lot more complicated. With the before-mentioned USB to PS/2 converter (we really didn't need the meme though), it's really not an issue. Though I don't see why they can't stick a PS/2 to USB converter and a keylogger into the package.

#7 Enmaku

Enmaku

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

we really didn't need the meme though

Yeah, sorry, I just got back from the World of Warcraft forums, it kinda slipped out... At least it wasn't 4chan.

#8 Dee_Morgan

Dee_Morgan

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:27 PM

I though http://www.keelog.com had one, but I can't seem to find it. You could take apart their USB one and soder it inside the keyboard.

This company also makes some internals, but they are PCI boards:
http://www.keycarbon.com

Sorry for resurrecting this zombie thread after so long! I've been very distracted lately.

Anyways: Tell me about taking apart a USB keylogger and soldering it into a keyboard?

I know how to do it with the USB keylogger modules, but is it really just as straight-forward as taking off the plastic casing and placing it between the keyboard circuit and the cable? Are there any caveats you can think of?

I don't want to make any mistakes or it'll cost me around 100 $ ! :-|

Thanks

#9 Dee_Morgan

Dee_Morgan

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:31 PM

Oh yes! And I discovered somebody else actually does sell wireless USB keyloggers!
For the not-so-reasonable price of only just under 500 euros! :-D

http://www.keyear.co.../BTUKeyEar.html

I'm not holding my breath that competition is going to push prices down to be honest, looks like too much of a niche market.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!