• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

Using wine I took my old CS cd I installed everything properly.
I just got a new video card on my Kubuntu machine so I wanted to see what it would look like playing some of the old games. I get an error reading...

"Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected.See www.securom.com/emulation for more details"

Looking at the website it tells me something like blah blah blah the game wont play because it is a "illegal copy" or some jazz like that. When I assure you it is a paid copy that I've had for years. I am guessing it's because of wine? Any ideas on how to circumvent this? I have been using Linux for years but for some reason never actually tried to emulate windows programs. I have never needed to. So in this field I am very new.

#2 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

Would cracking it work? I think I had to crack some of my games to get them to run on Wine.

#3 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

I haven't tried that yet. I thought it may work but I had to leave right after I installed the game. Just seeing if anyone had experienced this same problem also. But I will try that and be back later to tell if it worked or not.

[edit] Blah I had to resort to a modified .exe.... even though it's not illegal since I own the original copy this is still pretty annoying. So for future reference. Securom is gay! (no offence to the homosexuals out in the forum)

Edited by Spaz101, 12 March 2009 - 09:11 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!