• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 lordofthetwilightzone

lordofthetwilightzone

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:42 PM

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the Arris Password of the day utility? The utility uses an algorithm to generate a password, the EMTA's web server has a matching algorithm to authenticate agenst. It's to bring up advanced Diagnostics & data (no changeable settings I believe) for Arris Touchstone Telephony Modems (EMTAs). Unfortunately, I've gotten nowhere with this despite having a major leg up, I work for tech support for a major ISP who uses the EMTAs,
Obviously I don't have access to the utility, someone I know who does have access to the utility wont allow me to use it (citing worries about his job security).

I've also tried contacting Arris directly to try some social engineering, I've called both as a home user and "posing" as an ISP employee (even though I am, I called from outside of work). Both times no dice, I was brutally rebuffed when I called as an ISP employee. I am new a social engineering however.

Any assistance anyone can give would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

#2 R4p1d

R4p1d

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

So your trying to get a hold of this software, am I correct?

#3 lordofthetwilightzone

lordofthetwilightzone

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

yes, cant find it anywhere. Or even much mention of it anywhere

#4 R4p1d

R4p1d

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

yes, cant find it anywhere. Or even much mention of it anywhere

I take it, your not supposed to have it?

#5 R4p1d

R4p1d

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

Try contacting one of the people listed in Wakoopa, they seem to have it.
I don't know your intentions, this is just my two cents.
Only guy listed for using it that I could find.
http://wakoopa.com/sean1705

Edited by R4p1d, 11 March 2009 - 05:06 PM.

#6 lordofthetwilightzone

lordofthetwilightzone

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

thanks for the lead

#7 R4p1d

R4p1d

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

thanks for the lead

No problem, if you need any more help, you can message me.

#8 kevincroissant.com

kevincroissant.com

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'll save everyone here a lot of time. That wakoopa guy will never respond to you no matter what. However, after going through sites in languages i don't even know how to pronounce, viruses, and other crap, i found a working copy.
Make sure you have a copy of the .net framework 2

If you want it, email me at:******************

Edit: I removed the email for various reasons I'll explain later. I'll post another one up in a little bit. If you HAVE to have it, pm me and we'll go from there.

Edited by kevincroissant.com, 29 April 2009 - 04:54 PM.

#9 MGArcher007

MGArcher007

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:34 PM

Wow. That thing is awesomely hard to get a hold of.
And I agree, the Wakoopa guy isn't replying to anything. Oh well. =/

I PM'd you Kevin, btw.

#10 kevincroissant.com

kevincroissant.com

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Ok, so its getting too hard to reply to all these emails asking for it! Instead, I uploaded it to the internet here:

http://nvx57mzjox6mc...e9651d8c3e5c3bb

(You need to have tor running and installed to access it. I put it here because it was fully anonymous.)

Before asking questions how to use it, read the second readme. I don't come on here very much anymore, so use the information in that file to contact me.

And remember, how you use the tool is up to you. How you use my email address is up to me. Please don't spam!

#11 R4p1d

R4p1d

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

Ok, so its getting too hard to reply to all these emails asking for it! Instead, I uploaded it to the internet here:

(You need to have tor running and installed to access it. I put it here because it was fully anonymous.)

Before asking questions how to use it, read the second readme. I don't come on here very much anymore, so use the information in that file to contact me.

And remember, how you use the tool is up to you. How you use my email address is up to me. Please don't spam!

Somebody verify this link please.

#12 kevincroissant.com

kevincroissant.com

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

You can use http://tor2web.com/ to access tor links without having Tor, but it won't be anonymous unless you actually have tor.

#13 Andrew

Andrew

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

You can use http://tor2web.com/ to access tor links without having Tor, but it won't be anonymous unless you actually have tor.

Yeah, it's not working. If anyone has a copy could you send me a PM? :) I could also host it on my server to ease access.

Edit: Actually I'm dumb, works with regular Tor but not with tor2web.com. If anyone is having trouble finding it, PM me and I'll try to help.

Edited by Andrew, 02 August 2009 - 12:13 PM.

#14 R4p1d

R4p1d

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:30 PM

Yeah, it's not working. If anyone has a copy could you send me a PM? :) I could also host it on my server to ease access.

Edit: Actually I'm dumb, works with regular Tor but not with tor2web.com. If anyone is having trouble finding it, PM me and I'll try to help.

What exactly does this program do?

#15 Andrew

Andrew

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:06 AM

What exactly does this program do?

It uses a special Arris algorithm to create a password to access the web interface of (I would guess many if not all) their EMTAs. The password is good for the whole day and only if the modem is using the default seed, if the service provider has a custom one set you would need that to generate a password that works with that modem. The seed is most likely set in the DOCSIS or PacketCable config file.

#16 Aghaster

Aghaster

The Frenchman

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:46 PM

Quick newbie question: How do you access the web interface? My Arris modem is connected directly to my router, and my router shares my internet connection.

#17 Andrew

Andrew

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:00 AM

Quick newbie question: How do you access the web interface? My Arris modem is connected directly to my router, and my router shares my internet connection.

If you connect your computer directly to the modem then unplug the cable line and restart the modem (press the Reboot EMTA switch in the back with a pin or pen) you should get an internal IP from the modem, most likely 192.168.100.100, and the modem would be at 192.168.100.1 where you should be able to access the interface. If you have a fancy router you should be able to set a static route to the modem after you reconnect it to see realtime stats of the cable line and other things.

#18 Pringle

Pringle

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

The link doesn't work anymore. Is there a new link?

#19 Davie

Davie

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:41 AM

It does work, i can vouch for it

#20 tr00

tr00

Will I break 10 posts?

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:32 PM

It does work, i can vouch for it

Its still working...
You may need to try a few times as it doesnt always work on the first try

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!