• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 duper

duper

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

@duper: "There was a Fake ID presentation at The Last Hope last summer as well."

It was the same presentation that was made at Defcon 16

How exciting.

#22 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

Here is a copy of the actual presentation in audio format.. (.mp3.mp3 format is the best lol)

You guys are being really silly about this central database stuff. The only reason they would put the in information in a database from a liqure store would be for commercial purposes.

And the magstripe readers only read the birth date on the magstripe! I wont belive for a damn second that liquor stores are connecting to a state database (i dont care what state) to prove legal age and identity. Ill pay 100 for someone to prove me wrong. Secondly, even if that was the case all you would have to do is encode real information from someone else, most magstripe readers in stores don't output the name thats encoded, just the date!

to snakesonaplane who wrote " My only suggestions are that the prices for the equipment required are a little inflated. Also, there's a way to do holograms by printing the images onto transparency sheets and using whatever powders you choose. It's incredibly cheap and produces fantastic results. "

Please tell? We are all ears, I am dieing to hear! My prices may be inflated but only because i used the best stuff i could find, and because it produced the most fantastic, stunning, blow your mind results. Anyways thanks for the kind words :)

they actually were proposing just such Orwellian tactics in Utah this year. luckily there was much outrage and the bill was shot down.

http://www.ksl.com/i...148&sid=5507791

I get so sick of the drinking laws in UT. Why do I have to pay $$ membership to get a damn beer in public, unless the facility is owned by Larry Miller (Jazz Games)? I once got a ticket for Public Intoxication while coming home from a club while my sober gf was driving. It almost held in court too!

EDIT: sorry for going out in left field off topic. Is this pdf still up? been waiting d/l for about 2min now.

Edited by tekio, 12 February 2009 - 05:05 PM.

#23 opposite

opposite

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

It should be up for the next few days and it is 26 megs so it takes a while..

#24 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

It should be up for the next few days and it is 26 megs so it takes a while..

Yeah, I finally got it. Good work opposite!

#25 TheFunk

TheFunk

SUP3R 31337

• Binrev Financier
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

In the same vein, anyone know how to spot fake bills? There's some counterfeit money around, thought I might check mine.

:) Some counterfeiters (the old school kind) use an artists rendition of a specific bill, and a copy-cat form of ink and paper , to design their fakes. The bills are generally small and the counterfeiter usually will get rid of them in small amounts ( ex. exchanging 2 fake 10 dollar bills for a real 20) or spend the bills on their own. Normally the counterfeiter (if they're smart) won't print large bills or spend the fakes in one place (ex. the smart counterfeiter would not take 30 fake 20's and buy themselves a plasma screen TV). So my advice for you Mr. Ohm is that if your dealing with quality counterfeits, you can find a bill you're absolutely sure is real, and the best source for seeking out differences is your eyesight and a magnifying glass. Another possible method is scanning both bills and using the PDF file to view similarities and differences between the artwork.

#26 Infinite51

Infinite51

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

Thanks! I'll read it when I get a chance. It should be a good primer, to fight against fradulent ID's. JL

#27 Infinite51

Infinite51

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:10 PM

Fake ID machines are the best! people trust the technology without using common sense or checking the bend ,ect of the id.

#28 snakesonaplane

snakesonaplane

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

Fake ID machines are the best! people trust the technology without using common sense or checking the bend ,ect of the id.

Exactly man! Everyone thinks that the 'scannability' of the ID is the end all-be all of security features. Next to single-spectrum holograms, it's the easiest feature to do.

#29 Enforcer

Enforcer

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

ye good read, highly recommended. thanks for post.

#30 army_of_one

army_of_one

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:00 PM

I appreciate the post opposite. Awesome guide! Too many such guides are very outdated, or poorly illustrated. This one is both well-illustrated and refreshingly modern. ;)

#31 Infinite51

Infinite51

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

I cannot tell you how many times banks that was some of my clients when I was working in a sales management capacity at Major telecom firm. Told me about how many people open false bank accounts with fake documentation (SSN, Drivers License). The worst part was some of these banks were smaller regional banks so they opened checking accounts without verifying information with Checksys prior to opening an account. It would take an undetermined amount of days to fully verify the information by their backend Risk group. So at least at the time there were a lot of merchants that were getting hit pretty badly by these banks, with bogus checks that people were kiting around and depositing. Even worse was that one of the banks that was my client, I found out through the grapevine that they had convicted felons working at their branches, because they were too lazy to send print cards to the FBI for processing? Yes Odd.

#32 ZioMatrix

ZioMatrix

elite

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:33 PM

FAKE ID chicka chicka yeaaa

#33 djmollusk

djmollusk

resident chix0r magnet

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 813 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:29 PM

I wouldn't recommend fake IDs at all. Can get up into a year in jail in some states just for making one. Up to a year of probation just getting caught with one in a lot of states. Authorities don't screw around when it comes to fakes nowadays.

#34 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

I wouldn't recommend fake IDs at all. Can get up into a year in jail in some states just for making one. Up to a year of probation just getting caught with one in a lot of states. Authorities don't screw around when it comes to fakes nowadays.

Seriously? Wow.

Back in the day, my friends and I used to make so many ID's. It used to be real lax too becuase I remember getting into clubs and getting the hand stamp to drink using a fake College ID.

#35 hongdida

hongdida

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

You would be quite correct about the readers not doing anything but verifying the tracks of the stripe. These readers are not terribly common because not too many states use magstripes. The other type of reader is a barcode scanner that reads the PDF417 barcodes seen on most state id's. These are usually purchased by store owners to protect their liquor licenses. In fact, some stores are so reliant on their scanners that they'll accept crappy looking id's as long as they scan. They hardly thwart fake id's, though. Creating a scanning pdf417 barcode/magstripe takes mere seconds if you have the right software.

For those of you with an interest in these pdf417 barcodes, there's a free java program that will read them. Just scan it in at a high DPI and run it through.

Get it hurrr.

You said "Creating a scanning pdf417 barcode/magstripe takes mere seconds if you have the right software." any recommendation for the "right software'?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!