• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rockermm2

rockermm2

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

well yeah i googled it and i downloaded quickpwn to jailbreak the iphone 3g but it wont open and i have wine and everything so is there a quick download for linux to jailbreak the iphone 3g quickly

#2 Aghaster

Aghaster

The Frenchman

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:05 AM

well yeah i googled it and i downloaded quickpwn to jailbreak the iphone 3g but it wont open and i have wine and everything so is there a quick download for linux to jailbreak the iphone 3g quickly

it probably relies on stuff that wine fails to emulate correctly, so maybe you could try with a windows virtual machine with USB direct access for the guest OS, or a maybe a BartPE Windows live CD would be enough.

#3 rockermm2

rockermm2

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:14 AM

it probably relies on stuff that wine fails to emulate correctly, so maybe you could try with a windows virtual machine with USB direct access for the guest OS, or a maybe a BartPE Windows live CD would be enough.

is that the only way ... i was hoping for a quickpwn or pwnage tool for linux

#4 DaCh

DaCh

elite

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:39 AM

is that the only way ... i was hoping for a quickpwn or pwnage tool for linux

I love my linux. but when its comes to cracking a mobil to 700 $.
i don't wanna take any chance. so i did it on windows.

but if you going for the yellowsn0w.
remember you need to use PwnageTool, an the only verison i have seen of it. is for mac.

... gonna love dev-team

hope it could help.

-DaCh

#5 jabzor

jabzor

hax?

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:29 AM

but if you going for the yellowsn0w.
remember you need to use PwnageTool, an the only verison i have seen of it. is for mac.

... gonna love dev-team

Unrelated to the op, but QuickPwn is however available for mac and win, and a win equiv of PwnageTool is WinPwn.

#6 lattera

lattera

Underground Shizzleness

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

iPhone jailbreaking tools don't work in linux nor do they work in virtualized environments.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!