• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 friendless

friendless

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

I used to think I was crazy because I remember back when I was much younger and my brother showed me I could type view-source before a URL in cases where I couldn't use the View Source button to view the source. I tried this again in IE today and it doesn't work, I tried google searching this and seeing as google hates regular dashes never got a result.

Recently found out why: http://en.wikipedia....iki/View-source

Anyway, some reason I also though there was a Download: type feature that allowed you to choose to directly download a URL rather than being ran the specified way. Such as if I were to visit a specific URL it would result in displaying a picture, video, or mess up and display endless ASCII characters that crash the web browser due to trying to resolve it in a text-format, rather I would like to have it prompt like I was visiting a ZIP or EXE file where it would prompt to download. Does this exist, has it existed, or am I just out of luck? I believe there are web pages that accomplish this by entering the URL and there are special download-mangers that have this function as well, however I am wondering if there is something built-in to say Firefox or IE.

#2 WhatChout

WhatChout

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

Normally you can download anything and save it under any extension you want in Firefox, just choose "All Files" when saving and specify a file extension.

Also, when you want to download something in Firefox without visiting the URL and activating the default browser plugin, you can just hold Shift while pressing Enter after typing the URL in the address bar.

#3 friendless

friendless

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

Normally you can download anything and save it under any extension you want in Firefox, just choose "All Files" when saving and specify a file extension.

While that is true, as mentioned it requires visiting the webpage prior and hoping it doesn't auto-load a different applet that takes it out of the web browser interface.

Also, when you want to download something in Firefox without visiting the URL and activating the default browser plugin, you can just hold Shift while pressing Enter after typing the URL in the address bar.

That's more of what I am looking for however that's the default web browser function for finnishing the completion of a webpage as a *.net

Am I not using the addon described or something similiar?

#4 WhatChout

WhatChout

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

That's more of what I am looking for however that's the default web browser function for finnishing the completion of a webpage as a *.net

Am I not using the addon described or something similiar?

Sorry, I just noticed that it's the default behavior for SeaMonkey.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!