• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 IndexPhinger

IndexPhinger

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

I tried cleaning it out, I got most of it out, but there are a few specks I cant get rid of (they just keep going back onto the inside of the case cause of static)

Should I splurge and get one of those CO2 can thingies? they're $25 here? Cause I dont feel safe using canned air...

Any thoughts?

#2 WhatChout

WhatChout

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:44 PM

Why exactly don't you feel safe while using canned air? I don't know about the insides of the PSP but unless there are any loose elements, using canned air to blow dust out of it shouldn't be any problem.

#3 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

Maybe you shouldn't have opened it in the first place :P

Canned air is great, but... $25? It's expensive here, but still only like $7.

Anyway, we used to use an air compressor to blow dust out of machines. But they're not exactly portable or handy.

#4 zandi

zandi

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

if the dust is stuck in there because of static, i'd try and remove it with static. i couldn't tell you how the dust is charged, but if you disassemble the PSP and the dust is just on the case and away from components, i'd see if i could get it off with a charged blanket or something.

compressed air could work too, but it's costly and you'd probably only use it once. something tells me any other dust in the area could just cling to the screen just as the dust before it did, and all you'd really be doing is blowing around dust.

#5 IndexPhinger

IndexPhinger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

if the dust is stuck in there because of static, i'd try and remove it with static. i couldn't tell you how the dust is charged, but if you disassemble the PSP and the dust is just on the case and away from components, i'd see if i could get it off with a charged blanket or something.

compressed air could work too, but it's costly and you'd probably only use it once. something tells me any other dust in the area could just cling to the screen just as the dust before it did, and all you'd really be doing is blowing around dust.

my bathroom is dust free and the newer canned air has bitrex in it and that crap is icky.

the $25 set comes with 3 canisters of CO2

#6 isolationx

isolationx

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:23 PM

Use an air compressor. If you don't have one, use one at a gas station. It only costs .50 cents, rather then 25 bucks.

#7 friendless

friendless

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

Does that actually work without creating static? What causes a vaccum to create static, the sucking rather than blowing? That might also be too powerful and most likley damage the screen, atleast the ones I used to use when I worked on tires.

#8 darkraider

darkraider

Sean who? I'M THE FUCKING MAN!!!

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

I would say that a cheap can of co2 would work I dont know where they would cost 25 bucks I can pick them up for 5 bucks at office depot

#9 isolationx

isolationx

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

Does that actually work without creating static? What causes a vaccum to create static, the sucking rather than blowing? That might also be too powerful and most likley damage the screen, atleast the ones I used to use when I worked on tires.

I'm not sure about the static part, but I do believe it would work. I'm not saying to put the hose right down on the screen or anything, but just enough to get the crap out. I've done this with my laptop and it hasn't completely fallen apart yet. Psp's are a bitch though, especially if they're black. All kinds of fuzzy shit gets stuck in between the buttons and in the corner of the screen. I have the same problem with my DS. If only black gadgets weren't so sexy in their display packages...

#10 hrddrv

hrddrv

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:02 PM

This happens all the time. My blackberry even has dust inside. The only thing I have found that works is an air compressor in the least dustiest room you can find. Even if you clean it the dust will come back. I just live with it until I just have to clean it again.

#11 darkraider

darkraider

Sean who? I'M THE FUCKING MAN!!!

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

I'm not sure about the static part, but I do believe it would work. I'm not saying to put the hose right down on the screen or anything, but just enough to get the crap out. I've done this with my laptop and it hasn't completely fallen apart yet. Psp's are a bitch though, especially if they're black. All kinds of fuzzy shit gets stuck in between the buttons and in the corner of the screen. I have the same problem with my DS. If only black gadgets weren't so sexy in their display packages...

psp's now come in silver now also, although mine is black because there damn sexy in black

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!