• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Infinite51

Infinite51

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:19 PM

I lost access to an old hard-drive that crashed and needed to be destroy'ed. I was wondering if someone can throw me a grandcentral invite at infinite51@gmail.com

Thanks Gents

#2 operat0r

operat0r

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

http://www.binrev.co...o...=39983&hl=#

#3 Infinite51

Infinite51

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

Operator- sorry if you misunderstood me. The hard-drive I had was completely ruined, and had to be discarded. The needle locked in place, and scratched the entire surface of the platter. I was just looking for a grand-central invite: As the password to my grand central account was on there and I no longer have access to the email account.

#4 Cessna

Cessna

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:10 PM

I have a grandcentral account but I don't see a section there to invite people to it like Gmail had.

#5 Royal

Royal

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

The GrandCentral invite feature is no more. There used to be a "blogger invite" but that was also ripped out. You'd think they'd have exited the BETA stage by now... oh wait Gmail is still BETA too isn't it? Figures.

#6 Infinite51

Infinite51

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:36 AM

Hey Royal- Long time no talk. Google has a lot of backdoor's, they are alway's in beta stage

#7 Rpm

Rpm

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

I sent an invite to myself back in the day, and after they stopped the invites, the link still worked.
So if someone has an old invite they never used-that will be your only shot for now..

#8 komteks

komteks

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

I lost access to an old hard-drive that crashed and needed to be destroy'ed. I was wondering if someone can throw me a grandcentral invite at infinite51@gmail.com

Thanks Gents

I have a valid working Google GrandCentral invite up for auction on eBay.

AUCTION LINK

#9 livinded

livinded

Dangerous free thinker

• 1,942 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

What are grand central accounts going for? I have one that I never use and wouldn't mind getting some money for it.

#10 Infinite51

Infinite51

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

It depends, I've seen the numbers on ebay going for anywhere between $50-500 depending. Now I wonder what I can get for that old k7 lazer voicemail.

#11 totallyAunti

totallyAunti

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:37 PM

Ok.........

Grand Central is closed to new people.. ok..........

Then WHY does their page say otherwise?? It says "Closed at the moment. But it will open soon to new users". That doesn't sound like a "forever closed" deal to me. And yet people are selling invites and accounts on Ebay for $$$ when you can wait and get it free?! That's what I call a RIP OFF... greedy mother fuckers. Gawd.

I prefer to wait. Why pay because of impatience? Not I.

#12 mirrorshades

mirrorshades

aviatorglasses

• 951 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

It says "Closed at the moment. But it will open soon to new users". That doesn't sound like a "forever closed" deal to me.
I prefer to wait. Why pay because of impatience? Not I.

In all honesty, though, the Grand Central page has said that for a long, long time. Take a look at this page:

https://services.goo...glevoiceinvite/

I submitted my information on that page (er, well the grandcentral.com equivalent) close to 2 years ago and have not heard anything back at all (not even a "we received your request" type form letter).

Now, I'm not into shelling out big bucks for something like this when (1) I'm not even 100% sure how it all works anyway, or (2) I can function just fine without it. But Google is notoriously slow about opening up their "killer apps" to the public; which is great for them, it builds all sorts of public anticipation and people can't wait to get in. How long was Gmail an invite-only service? It kind of takes the thrill away when every single user has 100 invites to give out. :)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!