Yeah I'll come too. I'll be sure to bring my present for total blackout

Awesome! thanks!

#102 dinscurge

dinscurge

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

i have a question. do one of you guys want a sun ultra5 + keyboard? has a cdrom/floppy i think 8gb ide hdd, and 128mb of ram. i dont need 2 ultra5's anymore.
  • SigFLUP likes this

#103 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

i have a question. do one of you guys want a sun ultra5 + keyboard? has a cdrom/floppy i think 8gb ide hdd, and 128mb of ram. i dont need 2 ultra5's anymore.

Are you selling or giving it away?

#104 dinscurge

dinscurge

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

givin it away but if want to give meh a couple bucks thats cool to :p.
  • SigFLUP likes this

#105 crypto

crypto

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

stats on the meeting?
time, place, etc.

#106 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:28 AM

stats on the meeting?
time, place, etc.

Hey, crypto.

It's at the u of m computer science building. at 3:00pm tomorrow (saturday) here's a map:

Posted Image

Basically go down washington and you'll see it. Here's what it looks like from
washington:
Posted Image

Walk in and go to your left, you'll find a multi-level lounge area in the center. We'll be at the bottom level... or the second to the bottom level. I'll try and put at sign on the pillar next to the stairs that says "binrev"

#107 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:30 AM

givin it away but if want to give meh a couple bucks thats cool to :p.

yeah if nobody else is in crazy need at the meeting I'll take it :)

#108 dinscurge

dinscurge

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:39 AM

psh it can barely run video needs like 512 ram. (i tried openbsd/fvwm2 with 256 and it did the same thing as 128mb loads up but cursor doesn't move or anything but again that might have just been wrong settings for keyboard/mouse i guess) o well it might work idk. w.e. you can use lynx and w.e. download shiz. not really worth anything so not going to ask for anything. also have some other junk (some linux floppies, a 7segment with resistor and wires soldered already so can easly add for microcontroller or w.e. and a sidux live boot cd)
  • SigFLUP likes this

#109 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

Hey crypto, was your car ok?

#110 crypto

crypto

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:12 PM

Yes, everything was fine. Thanks.

Hey crypto, was your car ok?

#111 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:47 PM

psh it can barely run video needs like 512 ram. (i tried openbsd/fvwm2 with 256 and it did the same thing as 128mb loads up but cursor doesn't move or anything but again that might have just been wrong settings for keyboard/mouse i guess) o well it might work idk. w.e. you can use lynx and w.e. download shiz. not really worth anything so not going to ask for anything. also have some other junk (some linux floppies, a 7segment with resistor and wires soldered already so can easly add for microcontroller or w.e. and a sidux live boot cd)

Hey! Ok, yeah this is really fucking loud. Think I have to grease the some of the fans or something. Turns out that card is called a sun pci card and it was used for compatibility with windows. It looks hella awesome but unfortunately I'm finding no rumors that any of the open source oses can host it. So I'm installing solaris on it and probably will install freebsd on the PCi, I'm willing to bet accessing the harddrive will be tricky because apparently solaris only provides bios-level-int13h emulation of harddisks to the PCi. I'll let you know how it goes, probably will take a picture when it's all up and running to. Thanks again, it's been awhile since I've seen the-good-old sun console font. Put a smile on my face when I booted it up.

#112 dinscurge

dinscurge

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

hmm that ones quiet compared to my 280r that one is loud :/. yeah its for adding windows when using solaris but my intern is slow so never could download solaris to try it :p. it works atleast/you can get access to it.
  • SigFLUP likes this

#113 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

hmm that ones quiet compared to my 280r that one is loud :/. yeah its for adding windows when using solaris but my intern is slow so never could download solaris to try it :p. it works atleast/you can get access to it.

omg, solaris 10 is painfully slow on this machine!

#114 dinscurge

dinscurge

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:13 PM

that would be the 128mb of ram :)
  • SigFLUP likes this

#115 crypto

crypto

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:06 AM

What are the plans for the next meeting? Since First Friday is on New Year's Day, the 2600 meeting has been pushed back to the 8th. Are we going to do the same, or does everyone still want to meet up on the day after New Year's?

#116 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:08 PM

Hey guys. I just wanted to post an apology that I never got your web site up and running on binrevmeetings.com. That is totally my fault for a lack of time. On that note, we are actually shutting down the binrevmeetings.com web site completely anyway. All meeting coordination will be done here and individual meetings can be responsible to host their own sites if they wish (and are encouraged to do so). It just to be to much work and maintenance for our admin team (which was mainly just me until recently).

Meetings will continue to go on and be supported, but this forum will be the place where they are communicated.

#117 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:56 PM

What are the plans for the next meeting? Since First Friday is on New Year's Day, the 2600 meeting has been pushed back to the 8th. Are we going to do the same, or does everyone still want to meet up on the day after New Year's?

I don't know what's going on myself. I'm probably not going to make it this month. Anyone else know what's going on with the January meeting?

#118 dinscurge

dinscurge

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

idk whats going on but i can probably make it if get a heads up before.

#119 SigFLUP

SigFLUP

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:30 PM

Let's do the same thing 2600 is doing and push it ahead a week. Everyone cool with that?

#120 dinscurge

dinscurge

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

Let's do the same thing 2600 is doing and push it ahead a week. Everyone cool with that?

so this saturday? or in 2 weeks?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!