• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1qwert

1qwert

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:32 AM

maybe i can get some help... i would like to recreate a packet and send it out... i have selected a http Get packet, i would like to see if i can send this packet out and dos my server... i have been searching for a simple example of how you would send a packet crafted in C but my search query's suck...

irongeek has posted a new video on wireshark and he mentioned this but i cant figure it out on my own... maybe a example code on how to send this packet out
Posted Image

#2 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

You can't just extract an "http packet" and send it over the network. The machine receiving the packet will just reject it, as there's no open connection. You have to open a connection and go through the TCP three-way handshake before any protocol-level data can be exchanged, and even then the sequence and port numbers won't match what you have in your packet.

First, learn how to use netcat. It's really simple, but it'll give you easy TCP socket access to experiment. Then, learn HTTP. It's pretty simple as well, if you ignore the 99% of the protocol you're not going to use. Then practice doing some HTTP requests with netcat. After that, fire up your programming language of choice, open up a TCP socket and perform HTTP requests as they were intended to be performed. Wireshark really won't help you here, except in examining the HTTP protocol.

#3 duper

duper

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:56 PM

Read this other thread about Replaying Traffic.

#4 Spyril

Spyril

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:04 AM

The hexdump pictured in that screenshot is the data from the PNG image that your computer received. Not sure how it's relevant to what you're trying to do. "GET" is what your browser does every time you load a webpage; you could just have your brower request the same page repeatedly and it would accomplish what you want. There's no need to "replay packets" or anything else fancy. If you're trying to DDoS your server, install cURL on your computer and make a batch file that runs cURL infinitely.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!