• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

hacking is exploring and cracking is bypassing software copy protections and everything else is just criminal

"Cracking" is also a term used to describe malicious hacking in general. It's used by people like ESR who are absolutely outraged the word "hacker" is ever used to describe anything negative. The rest of us, who realize that after 20 years the word "cracker" just isn't going to catch on, don't care and use the word "hacker" interchangeably. Language is defined by how it's used, not by a tiny irate percentage.

#22 totallyAunti

totallyAunti

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

As to "why" this old thing isn't happening anymore, at least "publicly" anyway is obvious. Now that I look back on what I started as a topic for this thread I mean.

I forgot when it was the early 80's, there were no laws that were being broken, as in what I saw simply was not illegal back then. Those laws came later so this is why I no longer see it discussed publicly out in the open. So I answered my own question today as I was looking back on my threads question.

Now I can unsubscribe from my old topic. I had forgotten it was even here till I found it by accident today. Whatever.

Edited by totallyAunti, 02 August 2010 - 12:23 PM.

#23 Lord 0xf

Lord 0xf

H4x0r

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

I found this thread to be funny.

Edited by Lord 0xf, 03 August 2010 - 03:15 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!