• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IndexPhinger

IndexPhinger

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:58 AM

:) my dad puts it in standby so I cant use tehinterwebs after he goes to bed, how can I set it back to standby or reset it from my D-link so I dont have to dig around in his room?

ME-WIFI > DLINK > CABLE MODEM > INTERNET

Edited by IndexPhinger, 29 September 2008 - 06:01 AM.

#2 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:03 AM

The older surfboard modems kind of... exploded when it encountered some of the horribly mangled packets generated by nmap. Not true with the 5101 though, I know for sure because this is the modem I use. Though, if it's in standby there's probably nothing can you do. As far as I know, when on standby it doesn't respond to anything at all.

Press the button on the top. That'll do the trick.

#3 IndexPhinger

IndexPhinger

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:06 AM

The older surfboard modems kind of... exploded when it encountered some of the horribly mangled packets generated by nmap. Not true with the 5101 though, I know for sure because this is the modem I use. Though, if it's in standby there's probably nothing can you do. As far as I know, when on standby it doesn't respond to anything at all.

Press the button on the top. That'll do the trick.

Lol, kinda OOTQ, takes major sneaking to get to the button, I got it to go back to Blinky (ON) but i had to reset teh breaker and that also wrecks teh clock.

It responds to some things...

the weirdest is that it goes into some sort of "Local" Mode...

I can see other PCs with Wireshark but not much else (I'm a phreaker, not a sniffer so I may be missing things)

Edited by IndexPhinger, 29 September 2008 - 06:07 AM.

#4 Ohm

Ohm

I could have written a book with all of these posts

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:30 AM

Well, see if you can get to the web interface. If you're connected directly to the modem (not through a router), I think the address is 192.168.100.1. Though the router doing NAT might prevent you from accessing this address, depending on how it's configured. Try just going to 192.168.100.1. To do this with my OpenBSD router, I had to configure a special route.

Interesting fact: surfboard modems are vulnerable to CSRF. Good reason to leave this inaccessible! If you can put the modem into standby, you could potentially knock people offline with an img tag. Just saying, not that I would do such a thing.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!