• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aghaster

Aghaster

The Frenchman

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

I recently bought Maple 12 + Advanced Engineering Mathematics with Maple 12 to use for my Applied Ordinary Differential Equations course at university.

Maplesoft page describing the ebook

I only have one thing to say about it: awesome. awesome. awesome. It really helps (at least for me). The ebook comes in maple worksheet format, and is very well structured. It contains 48 chapters, 273 section topics, (see Table of Contents) with a lot of exercises (7000+!) and detailed examples. I find the explanations to be very clear and easy to understand. If you are taking the class you probably know that these mathematics can be real hard (if this does not apply to you, well, lucky you!). The best is to do homework while having a laptop with maple 12 & the ebook. When you do not know how to solve a problem, go back to the theory. If you feel like something is going wrong in the problem you are solving, verify your solution step by step with maple.

One downside: price. $125 alone for students. However, if you do not own Maple 12 yet, there is currently a bundle offer, get both for $189. I was hesitant at first to invest money for that but I am very happy with the product.

#2 mirrorshades

mirrorshades

aviatorglasses

• 951 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:26 AM

Nerd! :)

#3 Aghaster

Aghaster

The Frenchman

• 2,093 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

I see XD Judging by the enthusiasm expressed by the numerous people who replied, I am the only one really enjoying that stuff lol.

#4 intimidat0r

intimidat0r

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:07 AM

I got a taste of Maple with Wolfram's Mathematica Integrator. Definitely the best thing ever written.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!