• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:02 PM

The only information I saw in there was a bunch of gossip and self-righteous posturing, and a few indications of who's on the list for Palin's nightly conversations with God.

#22 Lambda3

Lambda3

mad 1337

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:26 PM

I honestly don't see how this is a big deal. There are far more interesting things in my own email account. It's hardly a matter of national security.

Well, "hackers" have "hacked" into a potential vice president's email. I see this as a threat to our national security. What if those so called hackers sold confidential information to terrorists, and we end up with another 9/11 incident? Would you then consider it a matter of national security? Just because there wasn't anything important in there right now doesn't mean there won't be next time.

You really think that high-level government executives use Yahoo Mail?

lol no. If a high-level government executive used Yahoo Mail, he deserves to be pwned. However, it would still be a threat to national security because 1) That person is an idiot and should be taught some things about security 2) There are people out there who want to, for all we know, hack into it and sell the info to terrorist.

#23 bcrscahh198987

bcrscahh198987

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:37 AM

Damn, I should have posted the link in this thread:

http://www.irongeek....mail-got-hacked

What is the meaning of like?

#24 Irongeek

Irongeek

Dangerous free thinker

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:03 AM

Damn, I should have posted the link in this thread:

http://www.irongeek....mail-got-hacked

What is the meaning of like?

Huh?

#25 Sidepocket

Sidepocket

mad 1337

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:19 AM

I honestly don't see how this is a big deal. There are far more interesting things in my own email account. It's hardly a matter of national security.

Well, "hackers" have "hacked" into a potential vice president's email. I see this as a threat to our national security. What if those so called hackers sold confidential information to terrorists, and we end up with another 9/11 incident? Would you then consider it a matter of national security? Just because there wasn't anything important in there right now doesn't mean there won't be next time.

You really think that high-level government executives use Yahoo Mail?

Do you think Airline Companies would be stupid enough to let people with sharp weapons on board the plane and if they ever seized it, the US Military with all their advance tech would located it and blast it out of the sky preventing another Pearl Harbor?

Oh wait...

#26 Irongeek

Irongeek

Dangerous free thinker

• 1,516 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:06 AM

Ok, this one if from Fox News, but I'm sure other sources are just as bad:

http://www.foxnews.c...49d70b0c12f2749

Can't the news stations get better people that this to explain what happened?

#27 duper

duper

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:40 AM

LOLLERS haha! "I'm just trying to figure this word out! mall... malware?!"

#28 SchippStrich

SchippStrich

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:40 PM

i wanna bang sarah palin so bad.

#29 Running With Scissors

Running With Scissors

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

politicians...

One of your gouerner are using yahoo mail, while

our Primenister are on Facebook.....

#30 nightmaresandbeer

nightmaresandbeer

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

i wanna bang sarah palin so bad.

#31 PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:10 PM

He said it was a big word for him too!!

#32 Seal

Seal

Not a fan of clubs.

• 2,440 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:29 PM

:lol: That's pretty funny.

#33 Ragnarok30

Ragnarok30

mad 1337

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:59 PM

We just discussed this in our internet security class.

Security protocols are set from the TOP down state to state. Whether it be physical, or informational security. And who... who implements these state wide security protocols? Hmm... not sure oh wait. The GOVERNOR?

This poses not only a great security risk to her personally, but us as a country if she doesn't know how to secure her Yahoo mail account. This doesn't only make us citizens feel cautious. I'm sure this raised some eyebrows in DC. I mean seriously...

Edited by Ragnarok30, 19 September 2008 - 11:00 PM.

#34 xcalibur

xcalibur

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:00 AM

No, I wouldn't. You know why? Because I tend to live my life on facts and logic instead of paranoid slogan slinging. Sarah Palin is functionally nothing more than the governor of Alaska. She is not going to have access to anything that would pose a threat to national security. Look at the situation objectively: someone got into a soccer Mom's mail, found nothing, and became the next news sensation. Whoever this kid is, he probably gets a boner from his own inflated ego and we aren't helping by making it seem like a bigger deal than it is. Emails get hacked into every day and victims are frequently far more important people than Sarah Palin, and the information is FAR more interesting (damaging), yet the world moves on.

To you and the media: get over it.

#35 biosphear

biosphear

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:11 AM

Its a Key logger.
They should have a real security professional to tell the dumb reporters what really happen.
It's sad.

#36 Lord Wud

Lord Wud

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:56 AM

Does anyone else think that this was faked? Maybe to spearhead a new anti privacy law or something? It just seems that if one were to take the time and the risk to break into such a high profile email account that they would have downloaded all or most of the mail before letting the party van in. I've seen links to some torrents, but they all seemed a bit too likely to be a trojan.

edit: of course the most obvious counter argument would be if one were stupid enough to break into such a high profile email account that they would have let the party van in, before downloading most of the mail.

Edited by Lord Wud, 20 September 2008 - 09:02 AM.

#37 xcalibur

xcalibur

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:36 PM

Does anyone else think that this was faked? Maybe to spearhead a new anti privacy law or something? It just seems that if one were to take the time and the risk to break into such a high profile email account that they would have downloaded all or most of the mail before letting the party van in. I've seen links to some torrents, but they all seemed a bit too likely to be a trojan.

edit: of course the most obvious counter argument would be if one were stupid enough to break into such a high profile email account that they would have let the party van in, before downloading most of the mail.

Interesting thought. While I'd say that there may be some despicable legislation presented because of these events, I do not believe it was faked. I do believe some fourteen year old /b/ er did this, and I don't believe there is much more to it.

#38 Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

Hah!

Listen to this guy, he obviously printed out a bunch of password security tips from a security website and read it on TV without even understanding what he's talking about. He obviously doesn't understand the nature of the attack used to access to Palin's email account either, because he goes on and on about password security tips when the attacker apparently got into her account without brute-forcing or guessing the password itself.

The interviewer was actually making fun of this guy's ineptitude! This is another perfect example of how shitty FOX News is. They invited an "expert" on the show who obviously doesn't know jack shit about the topic, and then poked fun at him on the air for not even being able to pronounce the basic terminology.

What a bunch of clowns.

Edited by Colonel Panic, 20 September 2008 - 08:37 PM.

#39 Irongeek

Irongeek

Dangerous free thinker

• 1,516 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

Ok, this lady gets it more or less right:

http://www.foxnews.c...74c804a116d1713

and she's cute. :)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!