Photo
- - - - -

Which cell phone company do you use?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: What cell phone company do you use?

What cell phone company do you use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 tekio

tekio

5(R1P7 |<1DD13

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:20 AM

theyre the only company that dosnt bitch about the unlimited data plan, i use the shit out of it and it really is unlimited ive used gigs and gigs of data tethering it to my laptop and theyver never once sent me a warning letter or charged me for extra data usage,

Just curious, do you have a tethering plan or use and unlocked phone for that (w/o the $30 tethering fee)?

#22 LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

LUCKY_FUCKIN_CHARMS

TCP/IP....PI/MP

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:50 AM

theyre the only company that dosnt bitch about the unlimited data plan, i use the shit out of it and it really is unlimited ive used gigs and gigs of data tethering it to my laptop and theyver never once sent me a warning letter or charged me for extra data usage,

Just curious, do you have a tethering plan or use and unlocked phone for that (w/o the $30 tethering fee)?

it dosnt matter which data plan you get, if you tell them you have a treo or smartphone then theyll charge you for pda connect plan which is more than the regular mediamax unlimited plan for regular phones, if you tell them you want to tether your phone theyll charge you for laptop connect plan which is even more, but if you just order the regular unlimited data plan you can still tether your phone. data is data they just want to charge you more if you tell them what youre going to be using it for. and pretty much all of the phones should have bluetooth dial up networking enabled, so you can either tether that way or via usb depending on the phone. just create a new dial up connection in windows using the bluetooth modem in your phone. windows should automatically find it and install it when you pair the phone and lappy. then youre all good to go.

#23 mirrorshades

mirrorshades

aviatorglasses

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 951 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:15 AM

Prepaid service at home, STI Mobile. I've also used Tracfone for a number of years, and never really had any problems with them.

Work cell phone is apparently Verizon.

#24 Dirk Chestnut

Dirk Chestnut

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:20 PM

It's funny you should refer to Alltel as "Alltel (lol)". I used to live in an area (read: BFE) where they were the major provider. Their customer service capabilities are, "interesting." For instance, if you have a phone from one "region" you cannot get it fixed in another. The customer service people can't even look up your information, and will likely inform you, "You're not in the system, are you sure you're an Alltel customer?". I shit you not.

I now have Verizon, and I have no complaints whatsoever. I am, however, waiting for all of their positive feedback and market share to go to their head, to the point they start thinking they can do whatever the fuck they want (I'm looking at you, Google).

#25 Andre van dem Helge

Andre van dem Helge

mad 1337

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:08 PM

I use Nextel.

#26 rbcp

rbcp

SUP3R 31337

• Moderating Team
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

It's funny you should refer to Alltel as "Alltel (lol)". I used to live in an area (read: BFE) where they were the major provider. Their customer service capabilities are, "interesting." For instance, if you have a phone from one "region" you cannot get it fixed in another. The customer service people can't even look up your information, and will likely inform you, "You're not in the system, are you sure you're an Alltel customer?". I shit you not.

Alltel only has two billing systems for the U.S., one called V2 and the other called Cellware. Besides those two systems, they don't split up their billing records into different regions like some wireless providers do. So if you had issues like this, you must have just happened to have crossed over into a Cellware area instead of a V2 area, or vice versa. Though any Alltel employee should know that if it's not in one system then it must be in the other.

I used to have Sprint for probably 6 years. Then one day I called them to change something on my plan and they insisted on renewing my 2 year contract to change anything. I told them no way, I'd leave Sprint before I would do that. I went through several levels of supervisors and none of them would let me change my plan without signing up for another 2 years. So I said fine, cancel my service. Today I'm happy with my AT&T wireless service.

#27 Savax

Savax

H4x0r

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

ATT, for all the reasons Vector stated. Unlimited txt and data for $50/mo.

??? Umm, what plan is that? By my count, there's 40+35=75 before tax, closer to 80/85, and that's only with 450 minutes.

My bad, I don't think I explained that correctly. I get unlimited text and data for $50, and then whatever voice plan on top of that. I got the 450 minute plan, but thanks to rollover, I'm currently sitting on about 4,000 minutes.

#28 xcalibur

xcalibur

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

ATT, for all the reasons Vector stated. Unlimited txt and data for $50/mo.

??? Umm, what plan is that? By my count, there's 40+35=75 before tax, closer to 80/85, and that's only with 450 minutes.

My bad, I don't think I explained that correctly. I get unlimited text and data for $50, and then whatever voice plan on top of that. I got the 450 minute plan, but thanks to rollover, I'm currently sitting on about 4,000 minutes.

I am, too. But the question is, why am I paying more to sit on minutes I probably won't ever use? I can't justify it anymore, especially since EVERYONE ELSE offers unlimited nights and weekends that start before AT&Ts do (you gotta pay an extra $5 or $10 to get N&W to start at 7. That's retarded.)

I use Nextel.

Sprint bought Nextel out years ago, so you have Sprint.

#29 elixx

elixx

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:56 AM

Sprint SERO plan is cheap as hell, as long as you don't mind keeping your phone for 2 years.
$30 for 500 anytime, unlimited data, nights+weekends @ 7, mobile to mobile. It's basically a modded fair&flexible plan. I was texting like a bitch during that time, so I managed to get unlimited texts for $10 instead of 15 when I stepped the texts up. Equipment protection's $8 a month on top of that. So for me, it's like unlimited everything + insurance for a little less than $50.
http://sprint.com/sero and use savings@sprintemi.com :P
There are threads about it on plenty of forums out there (howardForums, sprint users, somethingawful, etc).

#30 nightmaresandbeer

nightmaresandbeer

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

I have a pre-paid verizon phone. I had T-mobile for about a year, but I hated it.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!